After posting the 20th fastest lap in practice, Patrick Carpantier failed to qualify with the 45th fastest lap in qualifying.

Carpantier is awaiting word on whether GEM will renew his option for next season. This will be the first race Patrick has failed to qualify for on speed. He missed (2) races due to weather cancelling the qualifying session, and a blown tire that ended his chances.

After failing today, I would think his chances have slipped away and Carpantier would be out of the #10 in 2009. GEM already had discussions with driver Ryan Newman.
With sponsors Lifelock, Charter Communications, and Valvoline taking a wait and see approach, a driver change might be necessary after today.

Could RGM become a satellite team?

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I posted this the other day. Add Mike Bliss to the Fitz rip off list.

Mike Bliss claims he is owed $74,205 dollars in salary and purse money from Fitz Motorsports, according to documents filed July 29 in North Carolina Superior Court. Bliss left Fitz Motorsports for Phoenix Racing while fifth in points just six races into the 2008 Nationwide Series season. In his court suit, Bliss says he had an oral contract to be paid $8,500 plus 40 percent of purse money won. He says he was paid the base fee for three of the first six races and partial purse money for three of the six for a total of $55,499. After the sixth race of the season at Nashville Superspeedway, Bliss left the team to drive for Phoenix Racing. Fitz Motorsports did not respond to an email seeking comment.
RG probably drove for free.
The deal with GEM can't be that bad, after Patrick missed the race, Valvoline had decals on both sides of Robby's car. If GEM had a bad relationship with Robby, I doubt they would ahve helped his team out with Valvoline sponsorship.
We don't really know that GEM set up the Valvoline deal - it's possible Robby and Valvoline did it independent of GEM.

More than likely GEM was responsible, but you never really know.
Robby probably has a clause in his engine lease that says anytime a GEM sponsor misses a race, Robby must put a decal on his car. Just sayin ' ....
sorrenson just signed with gem...where does this leave crapantier???
In the 10 car............

Looks like GEM will be running a "NEW" 4th team since their buyout of Robby fell through.......
I heard last night, Sorenson will take the place of the departing Carpantier, in the 10.
As far as Valvoline goes, don't forget Rob has a past Trophy Truck relationship with them, as his primary
New team...that's only if sponsorship for Patrick can be found. Right now, it looks like Reed will be in the #10. It is possible that Patrick could run a partial schedule, but doubtful.

I think GEM gave Patrick a shot and tried to see if they could lure some nothern companies with his name. They had a few sposnors do some partial stuff but, when he failed to qualify at Bristol it sealed the deal.
From all indications it appears Reed will take over the #10 car

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service