So a article in Tampa bay online was talking about how Robby is hoping to get Jim Beam back on for 2009 and how much it coast to sponsor a team. I know Robby has been trying to get more sponsors so he can start a second car. If Robby puts out a second car I can only see more problems for RGM not only will he have the added pressure of placing his car but now a second? I find it hard to believe that RGM is focusing on a second car when they have yet to see that checkered flag in so long. So what is it going to take to see Robby take a flag? my take is he is going to have to stop begin so stubborn and let everyone else do there job in the pits and he needs to focus on placing and wining a race.

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good call Spenc, I've been sayin that for a while now. Rob needs to focus on sponsorship, & the possibility of a second car. Stay out of the shop, & leave the cars alone 'til he's climbing in for practice. Let the people he's hired(shop& road crew) do their jobs, & things will work smoother.
I agree with letting Walter call the shots. I've heard this conversation several times:

Robby: "Walter, should we stop now for tires or stay out?"
Walter: "I think we should stay out."
Robby: "Yeah, but if we pit we would be 10 laps fresher than everyone."
Walter: "Yea, I think we still need to stay out though."
Robby: "Screw it! I'm coming in! 4 Tires and 1/2 a round in the right rear!"

As for a 2nd team, if you can add a 2nd team with sponsorship in place...Sign it! It wll double the personel, double the notes, double the help and with the new test rules will help all the way around. There's not a negative! Yates even stated, "You have to look pretty far back to find the last win by a single car team, but you can find a win pretty recent on a two car opeartion. That's why we're committed to running both of our cars, no matter what!"
But realistically, how is he going to get new sponsors whem he's running so badly? No one wants to back a loser. Except at the road courses or when he does something crazy on the track, the media kind of has a "Robby who??" attitude about him. He can't add a send team because of money, he's said that. And if he does manage get a second team, will he be calling the pits stops for that team from his car too? It's kind of funny, but I can see him trying being a control freak myself.
I know any mention of his perosnal life is strickly verbotten, tabu, not allowed, etc BUT....you do have to wonder. I know I never did my best work when I was stressed. Once I accidently came upon the story it put alot of the puzzle pieces in place for me.
At a LasVegas test a couple of years ago Elliottt Sadler started to whine about the car, telling his CC to do this or that and the CC came over the radio and said very firmly, "Elliott, shut up and just drive the damn car." And he did. Hmmm
if robby really wants to make this work he needs to add a 2nd team.... i dont care if he has to pay out of his own pocket or take some money from the off-road side.... look at yates they payed out of pocket the first 1/4 of the season and they are far better than rgm..... its time to put up or shut up!!!
Ya i agree with with everyone is saying and Robby needs to drive his damn car and let everyone else do there job. The fact that he is trying to add a second car is a bad idea i can see him trying to run two radios in his car and he is trying to drive his own.
Trying to be cc for two cars at the same time plus drive would be a nightmare. The only person that would attempt it would be Robby.
yes he needs the second car but it is already been said whoever comes over weather it is riggs or villnueve they are going to have to bring sponsers...
I am torn on the adding a team idea, on one hand I know that the 7 team needs to be better NOW! On the other hand a second team will allow almost equal testing time to a four car team with the new testing policy, and that has to help both cars. I have to think that the addition would help the 7. The problem for me is it's a logistical nightmare. The only option that I see is Riggs due to him having a sponsor, we have seen a few flashes of talent out of him but he has not been in the best of cars. However does that mean hiring a new CC and all new team for Riggs or does that come too? I like Bootie barker and I think that he brings a wealth of knowledge that would help Riggs and Robby, if that is possible. However I heard on the "Prime time with the packman show" out of Charlotte yesterday that Robby is looking for a 30 million dollar sponsor package for next year. I don't know if thats true or not but you certainly would not want a 2 car team and the second car be the only one with full sponsorship. I just think that if this is going to happen that Riggs is the best option but I am still not sold on the idea completely. Unless there is someone out there that he could sign that also comes with a sponsor deal. As for who would want to come to RGM I think that Riggs would not have a problem with that. It would give him a chance to truly shine, if he is going to, because I dont think he has many other options as far as offers from other teams.
At this point do you think Scott Riggs or Villnueve would want to come to RGM? If I were RGM I would do anything it takes to sign Riggs if State Water Heaters are singing him all year in '09! Robby hasn't had a full year sponsor since RCR, so a full time sponsor for the second team would be huge! But, again, why would Riggs come to RGM?
Well I know Mr. Riggs is probably busy fighting off RCR's 4th car, Penske's vacant spot, and is a sleeper for the 20 car... So why woul dhe want to come to RGM...lol
OMG!!! ROFL!!!

But ain't that the truth!
It appears Petty Enterprises will add Chad McCumbee over Riggs.

Looking at the struggle Jacques had getting sponsors for one race at his daddy's track doesn't bode well for him trying to get a season's worth.
Yup.. JV is having a bigtime struggle finding fullseason funding. He has had a few close deals back out at the last minute.He does have some associate sponsorship funds for 2009,according to Barry Green,but whats that, $1-$2 mil ?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service