During a interview, Robby was asked about the challenge of starting 31st, the threat of weather and gas mileage today.

Robby- "We don't get to work on the fuel mileage since we get our motors from GEM. That's the downfall of not having your own engines, but GEM's motors have been reliable. As for being agressive, we decided to not worry about fuel mileage and worked on getting more horsepower. Our strategy is to go hard and not get the car damaged. Weather is probably gonna play into the equation, so we need to get up to the front quick. Then we'll see where we are with fuel mileage and see what strategy we need then."

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ford...... should have stayed? Really what has came of being with Dodge? GEM has done well but not Robby. Not knowing what is actually happening with in the team, one is to question what we all get to see on the outside. Engine failures and gas mileage never seemed to be a huge subject last year.
I thought RG was also quoted as saying because their starting in the back that they opted for the 850 cfm carb for power and not the 730 cfm that would be used for fuel mileage.

Also their was talk that this race might not go the full distance, as they thought rain could be hitting the track 2/3 threw the race. And that was also the urgency to get to the front.

Bottom line is RG choked today and now their looking to blame everyone but themselves. His comments on the DirectTV feed are going to bit him in the ass! You dont bit the hand that feeds you. And until RGM is a self suffciant company and they dont need an alliance then he better shut up.
Still baffled at reading the wrong gauge. No excuse for that,unless a team member put it in the wrong spot than RG was used to.
You think he would have figured that out during the two practice sesions on Saturday. You cant tell me that the oil temp was not 50 during practice. Maybe Rg does not look at gauges during practice? I doubt that! He just got a case of the stupids
Hopefully at Michigan Robby will be pissed off all weekend and be super aggressive. He races much better when he just drives the wheels off it , rather than trying to 'write' a script to the race.
That is a strange quote. I thought that the CC figured out fuel mileage from the practice performance. I don't have the privilege of a scanner, but did he come in for fuel when he didin't need it. The overheating (I thought as in the Saturday race). Anyway, HAT's OFF to him getting through the 9 car pile up without harming a tire, etc. Good job of driving. Disappointing finish, I don't understand how Ambrose could get a top five starting so far back, and Robby was 27th by virtue of the 9 car wreck. I suspect the CC is at fault, or Robby is calling the race inside the car and not letting the CC do his job. Frank was making headway, Walter seems to be just hanging on. The other CC in the Nationwide race got a top 20 finish. Maybe RG should hire him. Joan

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service