From FAN960 Sports Radio in Canada:

Nascar driver Robby Gordon discussed during a media conference he would love to add driver Scott Riggs as a 2nd team.

During a quick interview on Wednesday, Robby was asked if has talked to Riggs and is he close to signing him for 2009.

Robby replied, "It's definitely something I'm looking into. I think Scott Riggs is a great racecar driver. This weekend is a race we look forward to every year. We have alot of opportunities for us to make a big splash this weekend. We have several people here this weekend and I believe if we get the results we can really get Robby Gordon Motorsports to the next level. We're prepared to get to victory lane, I really want to feel that feeling again. Most people don't realize only about 4 teams have won all the races this year. To get a win would really be big for us and show all our guests that Robby Gordon Motorsports is a team that can win. We came here this weekend to win both races. We tested at Atlanta and worked hard on bringing the best piece we could bring to get the job done. Rain or shine we're ready. Our cars have defrosters, so we're prepared to racein the rain too."

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The last line of the artilce, this is why i love RG. Anywhere, anytime, through anything. Remember he ran the glen with windsheild wipers in the #13...in 2000 i think?
In my opinion, I guess that's why I posted earlier "Is Watkins Glen a Make or Break weekend for RGM?" It might not be a total break, but it appears from Robby's conference and comments that he has alot riding on this weekend....Jim Beam? other sponsors? State Water Heaters? who knows (speculation on my part). It does appear though if Robby could get to victory lane in either event it would say alot about RGM to his "Guests"

What is working against him is, a Top 10 is almost expected with his track record, so a Top 5 is gonna get him press and help for his cause. He definitely doesn't need any trouble or blow a fuse. As most of us agree Robby was in the right at Montreal, a incident could be detrimental to RGM this weekend.
i absolutely think this is a make or break weekend.... if rob comes out of here without a win, i hate to think what is going to happen.... if he doesnt win i think walter is gone and maybe others too... if he gets bad fuel mileage he changes manufactures at years end.... i think rob has all his sponsors there to show them he can win, if not, that could mean they only do a partial sponsorship rather than a full one.... jim beam is ready to step up for the whole year if rob can win.... this is the weekend to show them.... two day sweep would be sweet!
wow...that really says he would LOVE to add scott riggs to his team. headlines are funny sometimes. i think if RG would LOVE to add him in particular he would have said just that. where do these guys come up with this stuff! haha
Yeah I always thought about a win for RGM here or at Sonoma. The press wouldn't even take the stat to the bank... Then it would be no single car team has won on an oval since Alan did.

All because it was a Road Race.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service