During a guest radio appearance, Waltrip was asked about his rumored merger with Ganassi. "I think when you're in a sport like this you have to always look at what can make your team better. It's obvious we're not running like we expected in our second year. Toyota has a team leading the points right now, so Toyota doesn't have a problem. It's obvious we have to look at all options to see what we can do to make us better. We're talking to other teams like ours and seeing what it takes to get results faster, even if that's working together. I've talked to Chip, Robbie (Petty Ent), and Robby Gordon. We all want to be successful." (Notice they were all Dodge teams!)

On sponsorship, "NAPA & Aaron's has always supported MWR. We're working hard on getting other companies to come on board. We have 3 teams to support and we're working hard to keep all 3 of these teams together for next year. But, like Chip told me, you can't let one team bring down the performance of the other 2 teams. The time and effort at the shop, engine room, and practice that goes into trying to get a car into the show is unmeasurable. Those guys at Hendrick & Gibbs are fine tunning setups and combinations to gain an advantage. We have to spend all our time and effort to make the race and make sure we can get the highest finish possible. When you have to run a safe race, it means you're running slower. That's the reason you end up racing the same group of guys at most tracks, we're all running a different race."

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It just seems to be something that RG fans like to pull out of their asses for some reason. It was fairly well publicised that RG approached MW to offer advice and support when he started MWR and was having issues making races.

RG should know better than anyone that carrying a stupid grudge around in motorsports will never benefit you.
I agree. Same goes for Ambrose.
A whole lot of truth there....
Just for the record, I reserve the right, to like, or dislike whom I choose.
I find it an affront that a talentless phony like POS, has been able to ride his brothers coattails for 24 years, 710 races, 4 wins. All at plate tracks, all in DEI cars. When Dale sr's influence was still strong. While more deserving drivers never get an opportunity, or are shunted back to Trucks, or the NNS, too quickly. He was 0 for 400 something, before Dale put him in his car. This record sets the standard for mediocrity.
Just in case you think all Robby fans dislike POS, because of his run in with Robby. Let me tell you, I was way ahead of the hounds on this one!
say it aint so....i cant pull for that guy no matter what team he's with!
Yet you continue to post here with Mikey's picture for your avatar. Hmmm... ;)
no no nO NO NO! Not Waltrip! NO! I feel sick.... And it's not just because of his sexual preference (the whole marriage/Buffy/kids thing's just a front). I really don't want to see him in an RGM shirt when he come out...
How would POS make the team better?
I wouldn't put RGM and Mikey in the same ship. I bet they have talked about this as their struggles seem to compare. I'm sure Cal and RG have compared notes. I would suspect the deal that all the teams mentioned just happened to be Dodge teams... I would suspect those Dodge teams may want a piece of that Toyota cashflow and support. Thus probally the only reason anyone was talking to Mike was to get a line on Toyota, not Mikey's vast knowledge of how to be a better racer.
Just because he said he talked to RG doesn't mean RG was listening. Who can stop MW from talking?
LOL. You've got a point there!
Ok, serious question IF MWR were to move to Dodge where would that put him on the totem pole? Or more importantly where would that put him on the totem pole in relation to RGM?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service