Tuesday morning at 11:42 am there was a moderate earthquake that shook the southern California area. the epicenter was about 8 miles from Robbys shop in Anaheim California.
i work right down the street from his shop and i can tell you it was a very strong temblor.things were rocking and rolling lasting about 20 to 30 seconds.
i have lived in California all my life.and this was one of the strongest i have felt.
no damage reported.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, earthquakes are common in So.Cal. but nothing like camping on a "dormant" volcano in the Sierras when an earthquake hits. Wasn't anything great, but just thinking about it can be kinda scary.
When I was growing up in the 60's and early 70's, my family went camping almost every weekend on the flanks of Mt. St. Helens. Steelhead fishing on the Toutle river. None of those campgrounds exist anymore.
My Mom had this awesome view of what I think they called the Three Sisters from her house until Mt St Helens blew. I went back home to Honolulu the day before it blew. Would have been something to see.
wow, my Dad lives near there and said the thought it was rather mild, not as strong as the 71 quake and we didn't live far from the epicenter.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service