Tires are what, 1500. or so, a set? Goodyear has brought a tire that seems to be lasting 15-15 laps.
Not to worry, they've brought the Pocono tire as well. The teams won't run out of tires.
Afterall, it's only money......In their pocket!

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think there will be some sort of deal this weekend for the teams.Tires will last a bit longer once the race gets going and the rubber builds. Thank god for the competition caution. At least if RG misses the setup, he shouldn't get lapped.
The local Slot track went belly up about 20 years ago. The hot deal now is RC, but I don't have the budget for that either.
What time do the shopping carts roll off? That seems to be my only choice. Damn I hope I don't get the one with the wobbly wheel agin!
Nice $cam Goodyear has got going. Ca-ching!
Goodyear tested at Indy, didn't they? Were the tires that bad at the test?
does MEEEEEE know something we dont???
Whether it's the team or NASCAR that pay for the extra tires, Goodyear still get the $$$. Maybe NASCAR pay Goodyear to come up with crap tires.
But it's not Goodyears fault... it's the track's fault for being too grippy, the COT's fault, the driver's fault, the weather's fault, the fault of the pigeon that flew over turn three on lap 100...
I know NASCAR fucked up because they didn't take into account how different the COT would be on such a flat track. Goodyear were happy to sit back, look like idiots and reap the $$$.

Cue: Tony Stewart...
I don't think NASCAR would set up a bad race that would bore the fans to tears and risk those fans NOT paying to come again. I really think Goodyear fu**ed up. just my opinion
nascar and goodyear are in the dog house.the tires sucked the racing sucked.i have been hearing all week about hollowed ground and what a spectacle of racing where going to see and they gives saturday night heat races at the local dirt track what a shame.
The tires were crap, the race was crap, NA$CAR decision to take strategy out of the teams hands by closing pit road 2 laps before the cautiouns WAS CRAP!
I heard somewhere, I think it was in "Victory Lane" that this is a problem with the track and not Goodyears fault...I don't see Firestone/Brigestone having a problem with finding the right tire for the track (in indycars and F1) because they do their homework the wright way, Michelin had the same problem in 2005 that Goodyear had yesterday, because they didn't test enough, simple as that.
Guess all those people who didn't fill the seats yesterday had the correct foresight...lol...They only missed out on the 'experience' of Indy..lol..
Yeah, I don't remember a race at Indy with these many empty seats, not even in the worst years of the IRL/CART wars (don't count rain dates). Couple this with the last race at Daytona and NA$CAR might have to start thinking about something new to atract fans... I don't know... maybe real racing or something like that eheh!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service