Sirius Radio says the JV Signed a deal to drive for Braun Racing in Montreal.

Braking news on Sirius radio said that JV has signed on with Braun racing to drive the #32 car in Montreal. There was no mention of RGM or if RGM would still filed a car like Robby was quoted as saying he would.

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Makes JV a great threat to win, no matter who else is entered in the race.
Looks like the well is going dry. Won't be long until he runs out of money unless a "BIG" sponsor comes through! Could this be the begining of the end......... stay tuned!
No reason to pop the cyanide capsule over this. Shit happens.
Just wanted to stir things up with my big wooden spoon!
hmmmmm.............
Jayski has now posted it. Here is the reports over the last few days.

Jacques Villeneuve still has not confirmed his presence at the Montreal event. Barry Green stated, "We are aware that time is pressing. I still believe that Jacques will be on the track in Montreal." Green and Villeneuve are talking to Robby Gordon, Todd Braun and James Finch. Green added that the Fitz Motorsports, with whom Patrick Carpentier made his debut last year, was also a possibility.(translated from Canoe Sports via Google Translate)(7-12-2008)

UPDATE 2: Jacques Villeneuve is expected to announce a one-off ride with the Braun Racing team for August's Nationwide Series race in Montreal in a press conference Thursday. The 1997 Formula One world champion will drive the #32 Toyota that NASCAR star Kyle Busch piloted to victory in Charlotte earlier this season. Villeneuve will be one of three drivers for Braun at the Circuit-Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal.(Globe and Mail)(7-17-2008)

UPDATE 3: Braun Racing announces that former Formula One World Champion Jacques Villeneuve will drive its #32 Toyota in the second annual Nationwide Series event at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Canada on August 1-2, 2008.(Braun Racing PR)(7-17-2008)
Jacques only needed to bring himself to Braun , wheras he needed full funding for RG to give him a car.
If your not familiar with the FIA's new SpeedCar series take a look. Villenueve raced a couple of events in Bahrain and Dubai in April. There are some decent drivers in the series, mostly retired F1, but are not afraid to rub fenders. The circuits are also A+.

The cars are built by Bob Schacht Motorsports in Mooresville, NC.
Villeneuve will drive in Nationwide race at Montreal

ESPN.com news services

MONTREAL -- Jacques Villeneuve will be back behind the wheel of a NASCAR Nationwide series car on Aug. 2 in a continuing bid to ramp up his presence in NASCAR.

Villeneuve, the former Formula One champion, will drive the No. 32 Toyota Camry for Braun Racing. That car has also been driven by Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin.

"It could hardly be better to come to a race as important as this and with a good team that makes you confident," Villeneuve told reporters Thursday.

Villeneuve drove for Bill Davis Racing in two Sprint Cup events last year.

"He is done with his European contracts and is focused on the Sprint Cup series in 2009," said Barry Green, Villeneuve's partner and business manager.

Villeneuve's return comes at the track named for his father, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

"I'm really happy because it's a pleasure to race, but it's even more so to do it at Montreal," Villeneuve said.

Robby Gordon said teaming with Villeneuve in Sprint Cup was a possibility for next year.

"I have the utmost respect for Barry Green, and part of the Jacques thing is I'd love to have Barry come here and help me do this," Gordon said.

"It's all about money. I've shared a lot of stuff with them," Gordon said, regarding a 2009 team. "It's up to them to find the money. I'll work with them and help them. I have a marketing team as well."

Green said Villeneuve was leaving his options open.

"Robby has always been a great friend of mine," Green said. "I've always kept in touch with him, but the same conversations I'm having with Robby, I'm having with many owners willing to talk to me.

"We're realistic," Green added. "We know Jacques needs to prove himself. I am working extremely hard on a primary sponsor to see who's interested. We need to take control of this and try to move forward.

"I am talking to anyone who will listen. Robby Gordon is one of them. I do not have a sponsor close. I am talking to a lot of sponsors but I've got nothing to go to a team owner and say, 'This is what we have.'"

Information from ESPN's Angelique S. Chengelis was used in this report.
yup. All about the benjamins ! I would love to see JV and RG as teammates.
Hmmmmmm.... wonder what, if anything we can read anything into this re: RGM/GEM relationship gone sour?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service