Part of an indertview with Etinne Lavigne at dakar.com re: Dakar 2009...
All the categories will be fiercely contested, as they were at the Central Europe Rally ! And above all, we should enjoy a fabulous race from the independents ! Gache, Delecour, Lavieille, Muller, Monteiro, Gordon, Henrard, Kahle, Patissier, Errandonea, Vigouroux... I’m bound to have forgotten someone… And in T2 – what a fight ! The differences are often infinitesimal !

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe he'll just drive down there...
And test the hubs in the process! Perfect!
Screw the hubs... How about getting the T-4s and 5s to the race on time???
And hopefully he doesn't keep second guessing himself on stuff he does to the trucks.
Hi guys - Is BJ Baldwin going to run the 2nd truck this year? Are the trucks still Hummers? With GM selling that off, I don't know how it affects Robby's deal with them. I will miss the videos and updates that we got on RuR last year. Thanks for all this information. It's an exciting and difficult race and Robby seems to be able to do well. Joan
I'm willing to bet our friend WJM will help us out with video updates. Mike
long before the uprising, dakar videos were on rg.com or youtube.
Hey Joan, as far as I know BJ is still up in the air. However GM contract is a lock for 2 more years. Rob said even if Hummer is sold, the bodies will stay unless GM wants to re-body them as some other GM platform like Tahoes, or the new Chevy Traverse. To me the Chevy Colorado would be a given, being that's the chassis the H3 is built on. In the mind of this salesman, that would be a sweet mktg opp too. A 2wd Z71 Colorado crew cab, Dakar pkg. Incldg, but not limited to RG wheels, Toyo tires, roof mounted o-r lights, & a cargo box cap that resembles the back of the current H3.
I can't wait for Dakar. It's not Africa but in looking at the recon photos and vids it's no less brutal. The Atacama Desert in Chile is damn near Mars-like and hasn't seen a drop of rainfall since record keeping began.
More dunes than have ever been during a Dakar rally. Robby will feel like he is at Glamis or Dumont. Should suit him fine. Kinda wish he was running sand paddles on a 4 x 4 though!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service