Join in to discuss Stage 2 of the 2019 Dakar Rally, January 8th, 2019

Pisco > San Juan de Marcona

Liaison: 553 km / 344 miles
Stage: 324 km / 201 miles

Schedule: *All times local time GMT-5 (3 hours ahead of PST)

Robby Gordon - 6:18am/et | Blade Hildebrand - 6:33:30am/et | Cole Potts 6:42am/et

Live Tracking Dakar Site -> https://www.dakar.com/en/stage-2/car

Views: 11906

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh well. Another Dakar down the drain for the Speed team.

Maybe one day they will take the largest offroad race in the world seriously

I get where you're coming from but just remember this is Textron and Robby's money vs. BMW, Peugeot and Toyota's money.

oh please....

Still good to have some Americans out there root for. I think the worrisome result is finishing behind the official SxS class.
Brabec has it turned on today in MX.Looks like he just lost by 22 seconds.

Have you ever met or even heard an interview with RG – ever? I don;t think anyone who has would accuse him of not taking something seriously. The fact is, he's not in a high-dollar factory ride so they will always stack the deck against him. What about the fact that he has for years now tried everything angle he can think of to compete against these mega-teams? I think your comment does a tremendous disservice to his dedication, innovation and integrity. Maybe "doing things his own way" comes across as a lack of seriousness to you - but for many of us, that;s exactly why we cheer him on. GAS ON RG!!!

The last part, they lost all the time because they have that speed limit rule imposed for his vehicle and couldn't full throttle it.

that's so infuriating

I'm pissed sitting in my office. can't imagine how much that frustrates the drivers

Audio from RG on the way!

well that should be entertaining!

Makes no sense since he is in the car category and they can't give him that at least? He gave up a closed cabin, self-inflating tires, and a few other things.

makes sense if you're the ASO. You think Lance was the only cyclist doping in his era? The're pretty blatant with their bias.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service