Join in to discuss Stage 2 of the 2019 Dakar Rally, January 8th, 2019

Pisco > San Juan de Marcona

Liaison: 553 km / 344 miles
Stage: 324 km / 201 miles

Schedule: *All times local time GMT-5 (3 hours ahead of PST)

Robby Gordon - 6:18am/et | Blade Hildebrand - 6:33:30am/et | Cole Potts 6:42am/et

Live Tracking Dakar Site -> https://www.dakar.com/en/stage-2/car

Views: 11906

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Live to fight another day

Hey guys in my original post mentioning Loeb, I just meant that he was French, nothing more or less. The guy is a bad ass for sure and if you listen to the NBC podcast RG mentions him as tough competitor...

your post sounded genuine. I wouldn't sweat it

No issue

As long as Robby is running he will be on TV every day. Remember he has always said they are a "marketing team that races"......after that it is off road racing and anything can happen. Any where between finish and top ten would make this (really old) fan happy. :)

I'm just here to support RG and the Team. I'm very glad they're here. It's good for the sport guys. Remember too, that Textron is trying to get a presence at this race. Good for them.

yep rooting for them to do the best they can and leave happy with what they accomplish and learn from mistakes to make the future better

I listened to the whole podcast with Robbie on Nascar and think it's bizarre that he wouldn't know that the Speed machine was subject to a speed limiter. Either ASO continues to be A$$holes (likely) or Robbie thought there was a loophole that wasn't. Either way, I'm disappointed to see the three Textron's limited to such slow speeds. They'd be so fun to watch WFO.
Speed limitations, by rule book, in a race smells fishy to me. Oh, yeah I forgot it’s a French rally, not a race. GAS ON ROBBY keep fighting!
Dunno. Robby seems to think he can come up with a vehicle that while needing to bend to ruling body speed controls, he thinks he can overcome with ability and navigation. With the Gordini (Hummer) they had tiny restrictions on the intakes. SxS the speed limits. Again, not easy to compete against the factory teams and their cubic $$$.

honestly do you have to win to win or can the accomplishment of going to trying your best and hopefully finishing the race should that be enough that is something probably none of us here can say we have done finishing Dakar and how many others in America can say they did that.

Easy build something that Loeb is racing, he just won Stage 2

Cannot see what is so difficult

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service