CHILECITO- SAN JUAN

January 12th, 2107

The arms, shoulders and legs of the riders will be put to a rude test, especially during the long “trial’ section that will be the key moment early in the day. The special stage will become a lot more rolling as it nears its end, but the navigation subtleties will impede maximum attacks. Errors will be penalized not in seconds but in minutes.

751km 449km SPECIAL -Bikes, Quads, Cars, Utvs, Trucks

Bikes, Quads start time 6:55am local
Cars, UTVs,Trucks start time 8:59am local
start times are 2hr's ahead of ET

Views: 456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Simon Marčič awaiting the medical team, #84 started 70th today .He suffered a compound broken Femur.
So that's 2 Femur's ,Toby Price's and Simon.

in other motorbike news. It's to bad Honda couldn't get help from Planet Premium on 1hr refueling penalty. Mini protest'd Pug for fueling with the motorbikes (I had no idea motorbikes or lawnmowers used Diesel, sarcasm) Pug won the protest in March? I'm not positive on the date.

The Honda factory team has filed an appeal with the French motorcycling federation over the one-hour penalty its riders received for illegal refuelling during the 2017 Dakar Rally.

Honda riders Joan Barreda, Paulo Goncalves, Michael Metge and Ricky Brabec were sanctioned for diverting from their route to refuel in the neutralised zone at the Bolivia-Argentine border during the rally's fourth stage.

Barreda had at that point led the rally, but the penalty had all but taken the Spaniard out of contention of victory.

Almost a week on from the penalty being levied, Honda has filed an appeal with the FFM (Federation Francaise de Motorcyclisme), which governs the Dakar's bike competition.

The Japanese team's defence is based on the fact that, while the regulations of the rally specify that no rider can divert from the route in a neutralised zone, they do not address straying from the route in order to refuel.

Honda argues that the case is parallel to that of 2016 car category winner - Peugeot's Stephane Peterhansel – who was investigated over refuelling in an unauthorised area during the road section.

Peterhansel was cleared by the stewards and escaped penalty, despite a subsequent appeal by rival team X-Raid Mini.

As the 2017 bike race stands, a successful appeal for Honda would bring Barreda and Goncalves right back into victory contention – but there appears to be uncertainty over the timing.

Erick Nevels – the head of Dakar's “International Jury” - has stated that Honda should have protested within two days after the sanction for the appeal to be admissible

Štefan Svitko, extremely tired at the finishing line, collapsed after only several kilometres of the link stage. The third placed finisher of today's stage has been taken by ambulance to hospital in San Juan.
I believe I read that Stefan had fallen earlier and had suffered a concussion.

Thanks Mike and WJM for the all the updates on today stage .

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service