STAGE 1 QUOTES

Robby Gordon (Finished 3rd) - "For us, the first stage was good. Very conservative. Finished 3rd, a minute back of Nasser. I didn't push it at all,and I think we are going to be good. I had to stop at one point and close my door, I had a little bit of dust coming in the left side. So I opened the door and closed it, that was probably a minute right there. As far as where we wanna be, Johnny did a great job, didn't push anything. We had a couple of little sensor errors/scares that might have also cost us time."

"I feel good about where we are at and good about where we are headed. It's going to be a good rally this year. We worked very, very hard this past year. Last year was an embarrassment, this year we are going to be on it from day 1"

Full stage 1 audio at Dakar.com

Stage 1 notes:

- Gordon started 9th, made his way up to 4th place at KM60 of 170 (+43s behind)

- At KM135 of 170, Gordon moved into 3rd place, only 1m8s behind leader Nasser Al-Attiyah.

- From KM135 to 170 (Finish), Gordon gained 4 seconds on Al-Attiyah and finished the stage in
  3rd place, 1m4s behind.

Stage 1 Top 5 at FINISH

1) Nasser Al-Attiyah

2) Orlando Terranova +22s

3) ROBBY GORDON +1m4s

4) Giniel De Villiers +1m12s

5) Krzysztof Holowczyc +1m16s

Views: 947

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This was posted on the Desert Assassins facebook:

Desert Assassins
2 hrs ·
Dakar day 1 update from Johnny... aka JCR/Honda.....3rd place today just over a minute back

Stage 1 update from the Right seat!

The stage went well, both Robby and I clicked in the Speed Energy Gordini. We took off from the heart of Buenos Aires on a 140k liaison lined with energetic fans.

The Special Started on a hard packed auto cross course and quickly jumped into narrow, long straight two tracks, blind rises, ditches lining the entire 170km route, reaching speeds up to 125 mph.

RG raced the day conservatively, making no mistakes and managing the equipment for the first special of the 9000k rally.

The Speed Energy Duo planned a podium position in 3rd place, only 1 min from the fast time of the day. Now off on a 500k plus liaison to Villa Carlos Paz bivouac for an early evening arrival.

Tomorrow's stage will guarantee change some positions as the 2015 Dakar Rally puts competitors to the test with a 518km special.

Love to all,
11-Time

The DA would like to send a salute to Stuart Scott who passed today after battling cancer for a number of years. Although I didn't know Stuart I know that he was a great personality and did it his way when on the air laying the path for some of us to do it our way.
‪#‎respect‬
CS

Any word on the "little sensor errors/scares". With luck, nothing that will affect the ECU or any other critical system.

I just herd Robby is in 2d place Go Robby :{) winner Nasser Al-Attiyah received a 2 minute penalty

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service