It's getting close to the start of greatest race in the world, the 2015 Dakar Rally! In the days leading up to the start of stage 1, there will be many events taking place. Robby Gordon and a few #TeamSPEED members have already arrived in Argentina, and the remaining crew will arrive around Dec.30th.

The guys will pick up the support trucks and the Gordini, then they will setup the #TeamSPEED compound and work on the vehicle leading up to Scrutineering (Tech inspection). Scrutineering takes place from January 1st to 3rd in Buenos Aires. On Jan 3rd, the teams will parade to the 'opening ceremonies ramp' and all the drivers will be introduced. There will be links to the "LIVE TV FEED" available on Jan. 3rd.

Stage 1 begins on Jan. 4th, 2015. As always, we will have live raceday chat, stage threads, in-action updates, photos, videos, etc. The "official" #TeamSPEED daily stage videos will be hosted here as well. The guys on the crew will also be sending us updates from the frontline.

Be sure to follow us on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Views: 18731

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Apparently Robby forgot the steering wheel in the hotel. With that handled? Oh, look...

read my mind i would,ve done the same thing

Just think, Robby is that good. Just think ramp jump

Any info on what happen in Tech inspection?

Couldn't find the steering wheel.

ASSSO said it was an unfair advantage.

Is there a problem with tech inspection?

It passed

Mike--Do you know what the issue was, and whether or not it required any modifications?

Now, THAT'S a showman!! He don't need no stinking steering wheel!!
Just found this on Twitter
Thank you fans for all the birthday wishes yesterday! Now, let's win the 2015 Dakar Rally! @ToyoTires @SPEED_ENERGY @Traxxas #TeamSPEED
9:52am - 3 Jan 15

Hi all
Robby had a little problem as someone mentioned it.
Somehow the steering wheel was forgotten in a support truck that had just left, so he managed to replace the missing part using a monkey wrench around a towell to increase friction. Quick and dirty hack. Clever solution from Robby.
(I witnessed the problem from about 3 meters away!, will upload pictures soon)
He never lost his mind, believe me. Always joking and showing everyone his clever solution with pride.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service