It's getting close to the start of greatest race in the world, the 2015 Dakar Rally! In the days leading up to the start of stage 1, there will be many events taking place. Robby Gordon and a few #TeamSPEED members have already arrived in Argentina, and the remaining crew will arrive around Dec.30th.

The guys will pick up the support trucks and the Gordini, then they will setup the #TeamSPEED compound and work on the vehicle leading up to Scrutineering (Tech inspection). Scrutineering takes place from January 1st to 3rd in Buenos Aires. On Jan 3rd, the teams will parade to the 'opening ceremonies ramp' and all the drivers will be introduced. There will be links to the "LIVE TV FEED" available on Jan. 3rd.

Stage 1 begins on Jan. 4th, 2015. As always, we will have live raceday chat, stage threads, in-action updates, photos, videos, etc. The "official" #TeamSPEED daily stage videos will be hosted here as well. The guys on the crew will also be sending us updates from the frontline.

Be sure to follow us on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Views: 18731

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it would be a mistake to dismiss this alpha version car of Peugeot. They have a pedigree Dakar that is matched by few others. The most interesting aspect of the Peugeot effort is that Peterhansel and Sainz are both willing to give it a chance. These 2 guys would have their choice of rides and it's fascinating to me to see Peterhansel abandon the 4 wheel drive platform that has proven so strong for him. Maybe he wants another feather in his cap. In any case, I long for the day to see RG at the top of the podium so he can give the rest of the factories the "single finger" salute! There are not enough superlatives to describe the effort RG and his team are putting in this year.

@Chuck, I do not dismiss them. I doubt their ability at this the first year, that's all. It's not the right formula for desert racing. Close, but no cigar.

for the right amount of money I could change my thoughts about crate engines vs compression engine Late Model Stockcar set-up's. $ talks,never said it wouldn't lie to you.

Exactly. Simple is good. Function is beauty, as us engineers say.

I think you're both right. But I too noticed the Peugeot picking up the inside front. It seems also to have to be tossed into the corner a bit to induce over-steer in order to get it to "rotate" in the corner. This then seems to exacerbate the lifting of the inside front and induces under-steer on exit. In several corners the car looked to run wide as a result, almost as though the driver hit the apex too early. They will likely improve on this---probably already have. But the impressive thing is how well the Gordini seems to handle, keeping the front down on the surface, allowing use of throttle to rotate the car without washing out the front----all the more so as it's a live-axel rear end. All in all it looks to be very well balanced, very responsive, especially considering its short wheel-base. It looks very impressive, and very much simplified compared to the Hummer, which should give good reliability. RG nailed it when he said the key will be to avoid mistakes--driving, navigating and maintaining. This is especially so for a one car team---and doubly difficult in some ways. But there is now a wealth of just this experience. This is the single car team able to do it.

I was suprised on an article i found that indicated the Peugeot's said they weighed 1275 lbs. That seems like it coudnt be rite.

Impossible. Maybe 1275 kilos?

which is 2805lbs, it could happen,if they weigh it before finishing ;-)

1280 kg, according to specs posted on Red Bull site.

Is this dry weight or wet---fuel, lube, coolant included? Also any numbers on the Gordini? What is the minimum weight per rules? I noticed late additions such as grab bars etc. that might suggest that they were not too concerned about adding weight.

maybe 1250kg, I'll have to re-read the rule book.

Do you think they would post truthful info? I'm under the impression that all the technology is basically top secret. I believe Robby's car cover is more about prying eyes than the elements. Sometimes I'm surprised at the pics that show up here because you guys pick the crap out of it (in a good way). I have learned ton of stuff just by reading!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service