2014 Dakar Rally Stage 1 Robby Gordon  Quotes

"I don't know what's going on. We drove it 1,000km down the highway, no problems during testing, but from the moment we started the special, we had vapor lock problems and we had to stop. Then, all the other fluids started to overheat, so we had to stop at least five or six times... At the end, we had stopped for the umpteenth time when competitor no. 390 hooked us up big time and offered to tow us to the end of the special."

"Honestly, it's strange,The car is running fine now, and I'm going to drive it away,but I don't know why this happened. It's weird. We'll have a look at it in the bivouac, although it's disappointing to lose two or three hours on the very first day of racing"

Views: 5187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1000 Km down the highway? All the testing and then this happens? Somebody sabotaged it. Scaredy cat competitors.

Fuel: I'm sure it is monitored when transfered from storage to stowage to fueling. filtering, octane ETC.ETC. Somebody I'm sure knows what is going into the tank so to speak. I don't know the sequence of events or anything of that sort in fueling and can only ask "Was there fuel added after the highway section mentioned"? Something got things hot first effected........... fuel.
Cooling: I'm led to believe by just my own thinking that there are several temp. guages for each system and that perhaps they heated in a certain order which if noted and such can point to the heating source.
Speed: What was the top speed this was tested at. Let's say 120 MPH. What was the speed at which these problems occured. Could be a design reasoning that an air vaccum is presented in radiator air flow. "I admit this is a swing for the fence at a pitch in the dirt, however it bares reasoning that cooling anything needs flow."
Heat: Get something hot and then it spreads cool it and it will get hot again ...faster ...and then there you go. If they can change Cylinder heads and such with no legal issues it's going to be one of those nights of throwing parts in the garbage Robby spoke of on the radio show.
Closing: If any fuel was added to the truck just prior to the special it may be there. Call me nuts but "potent shit burns hot" and I don't know what is called for in that engine....But a "speedball" would cause all kinds a' shit.
Crazy: Don't know how hard it is to get in and look at those radiator setups out there on the road, but maybe a swarm of locusts got sucked in there.
Thanks for your time.

we`re all armchair quarterbacking here tonite. But I`d be bending up some scoop shaped aluminum and pop riveting additiional intake surface everywhere that ingests air/cooling. to hell with aero lets race ! GAS ON RG ~!

That is armchair QB'g.

without having live tv and instant replay to look at.

Will be interesting to see what NBCSP shows us tomorrow.

the good news, CHARGERS WON!!!!!

agreed Mike . I, like you, have been on here since early this morning. With High hopes. Dont take my comment above as snippy . Just a fan man , yaknow. Ive been on forums promoting this race and counting down the days. .

yes Sir ,it's been a long day.And the day not being what we all had wished for.Personally ,there nothing I can do or suggest from here (or just listen)
I'm sure everyone Robby brought down to work is burning the midnight oil to solve the issue.
Did you hear the Motec tuner was on hand? I
On to tomorrow.

Not arm chairing ...as it's called...at all....just giving my thoughts...we all have them. Perhaps my actual voice would show the tone for which ...sorry....from which the words resinate. Some folks swing into the air a vibrant tone of "I told you so" "It's all about what I get out of it"...."geezz"....."What the fuck"...."where's the door"....."my exwife looks good compared to this let down".....and so on. I however not wanting to poke anyones eye out about today instead ...that is I prefer to, have my words placed into ones mind by the soft offerings of a bunch of idiots spitting wet words across the crackle of a late night barrel fire....where 3 out of 8 men don't even hear you but nod in respect anyhow and say...."Yea ..that sounds possible" or "my pants got caught in the chain again". (one of my favorites) I can still taste Clinton street and see the looks on the faces of raw clam eating steelworkers as they manage coming down three concrete stairs the way a spawning Salmon would deal with having mistakenly lept into a tree.....just to bend over and give staggering tugs on my plaid slacks as assisted by another who sends 90 proof breathe down your throat and takes you and your prized "Bike" 3 feet in the wrong direction while the bellowing of a fenced in dog is your only compass point as to what the hell and where the hell this circus is taking you...and then the wind changes and the sanitizing breathe of a man who "earns his keep" is replaced by the raunch of sun beaten huts that house the garbage cans for three buildings worth of american indusrtial dads whos only sin in life is that they will die as broke as they were when they were born.........and then through comittee you are finaly free of the trappings of your almost rutine entanglments with the one thing that keeps you free from the .........the one thing that keeps you free as an American to express yourself in a peaceful manner and jest with those serious and be serious with those who jest ...all without the burden of hard feelings and the want, that is to be the only person right in the entire room.
W.W.B.

So he is now already down 2 hours and 35 minutes. Jesus that sounds bad. But its another 2 weeks of racing so it could be worse. It is far from ideal but still do able if they do not have any other incidents.

don't read Rohan's post after MM's. Oh my..........

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service