With the 2014 Dakar Rally beginning in less than 45 days, here is a brief F.A.Q.

1. Is Robby Gordon racing in the 2014 Dakar Rally? YES!
  2. What is the car number? 305
  3. What is he driving? A new design - called the HST
  4. Who is the navigator? Kellon Walch
  5. Is there going to be a 2nd car? No
  6. How come we haven't seen pictures of the car yet? It's still being built
  7. When will we see the car? Mid December
  8. Will the race be televised? Yes. NBC Sports Network TAPE DELAY recap show.
  9. How can we follow the rally? You're already at the right place.
  10. When does the rally begin? Stage 1 begins on Jan 5th.

Views: 54024

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With Jeep-Chrysler being owned by Fiat, I think a Renault tie in would I be unlikely. But I could see Jeep-Fiat wanting more global exposure for the Jeep brand. 2 wheel drive is fine for this purpose. Look at the race Hummer vs real vehicle.

Robby is not in the business of making vehicles. With regulations it takes years. So I do not see Robby making a new vehicle from scratch. Having say a jeep making a small run of a very special vehicle, that could happen. Chrysler does have their own skunk works facility. I could see a very specialized jeep. With a hemi.

Looking at Robby's Na$car history, he is very willing to jump brands to market a vehicle for racing.

Just my .02$
Well then if it is a hemi powered I just hope the engine shows to be as reliable as the chevy powerplant. Waiting til December.....like waiting for Christmas

Been following the build for awhile, were do the spares go?

Am I the only one seeing the rear engine?

Yes you are seeing a rear engine.https://www.facebook.com/martillo2dakar check this link

deleted/

My money's on a Renault deal:
(1) Dakar is a European motorsport thing, primarily. Look at the money/programs BMW (Mini) and VW have forwarded in the past few years. I do not see Chrysler-Jeep stepping up to compete on this level. Sure Ford and Toyota are at the Dakar, but their efforts are peanuts compared to what BMW and VW have done.

(2) I see Renault, not Chrysler, being interested in a 200 mph, 1000 hp, exotic SUV. It would be one heck of a head-turner. Somehow these cars market better from the elite Euro manufacturers. My opinion.

(3) Robby calls the car a Gordini in the video. I do not think he says, "Gordoni." The Gordini is a Renault badge. I don't think they sold this name to Robby.

(4) Robby would not go into the super car business alone, but then he might. Look at efforts such as Fiskars, Tesla and Delorian (smirk). It can be done. It takes deep investment - even suit cases full of "stuff." My point is that you don't have to partner with an established auto manufacturer, but if an opportunity with the likes of Renault is on the table, I say do it!

the other day you where sure it was a Silverado.

There is no deal with Renault. This car is his own design.

Nice!!! And wow too! Great moments in auto history come from many routes.

Tog, is the name "Gordini" or "Gordoni?"

It's a joke. Gordon.. Gordini. Fast super car= Ferarri. Fast Super Truck= Gordini.

It's an LS7. Period. End of story. Chevy powered. Get used to it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service