With the 2014 Dakar Rally beginning in less than 45 days, here is a brief F.A.Q.

1. Is Robby Gordon racing in the 2014 Dakar Rally? YES!
  2. What is the car number? 305
  3. What is he driving? A new design - called the HST
  4. Who is the navigator? Kellon Walch
  5. Is there going to be a 2nd car? No
  6. How come we haven't seen pictures of the car yet? It's still being built
  7. When will we see the car? Mid December
  8. Will the race be televised? Yes. NBC Sports Network TAPE DELAY recap show.
  9. How can we follow the rally? You're already at the right place.
  10. When does the rally begin? Stage 1 begins on Jan 5th.

Views: 54024

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool! Thanks MK

Think of this on bigger tires and more ground clearance

I was into the Renault idea too, but Tog told me no. I take it that he knows. I need more clues to start guessing again.

The gold Clio in the pic sure looks like the graphic on the trailer though. Maybe Tog doesn't REALLY know...

It's not a Renault. RG has stated in many interviews, it's his own design, HST for Dakar. But if you want to think otherwise, have at it!

"The gold Clio in the pic sure looks like the graphic on the trailer though." Not even close to me. The hood and windshield are slanted much more on the Renault than the HST.

Why does Renault keep coming up? They are one of the last car makers I want to see Robby in bed with. They built total shitboxes for cars. Right down there tied with Fiat for POS cars.

I'm not sure why any car make is coming up, aside from Hummer.

Just playing with the clues. Robby said luxury SUV. Actually, what he said fits more the category of =exotic= luxury SUV. He said it would be the likes of the Bugatti Veyron. Robby also called it a Gordini. Gordini is a Renault badge. From here we run and have some fun with it.

I think people jump in at different points on the thread. They read this or that, and the fun of speculating and guessing turns the corner down Wrongheaded Rumor Lane. Whatever Robby has built, or is still building, it will be good.

My concern at the moment is that RGM might be running late on getting this new car done, tested, and ready to race. This is only more speculation on my part. I have zero supporting evidence that he is running late.

TOG, it's big fun to hang out with you and the others at the Planet. Don't forget, you can always tell me Shaddup!

Or is the new ride already done and sitting in the back of the new trailer on it's way to South America and the test mule is just that, a mule for testing components that can be swapped out during prep!

I know, the car usually air freights out before the race but I couldn't help stirring the pot of speculation!

Stir away.

On the one hand we are speculating that the car is done, in the trailer, Roby has a deal with Renault, and will soon be building million dollar luxury "sport" cars trucks.

On the other hand, it is possible the RGM shop is sweating it out right now, to complete a brand new car. I know, building a new car is "easy" if you intimately own the knowledge and experience of the Dakar Hummers, The TT, and now the SST's in your stable, but I'm telling you, building a brand new design of anything is never easy.

- Gives us plenty of room for speculation in between.

We have confirmation on 2 things

1: The support equipment is at the port
2: Tog is in N.C. doing what we have no idea

Robby's entered in the 2014 DAKAR,#305
the racer is still in North America ,being prep'd
the Rally starts 4 days later than usual
It won't have some Goofy engine package
It will have TOYO tires on Robby Gordon Wheels
there won't be a second racer out of the RGM/RGOR stable

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service