Join in and discuss all the action for the 2013 B.I.T.D. Parker 425. Robby Gordon is driving the #77 SPEED Energy Trophy Truck. Qualifying is on Thursday, January 31st ( about 3:00pm/et ) & the race is slated to begin at 9:15am/et on Saturday, February 2nd. Live raceday CHAT will be available. Stay tuned for further info.

Views: 20142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a little about BITD and Casey....
Click here

H.D.R.A

THIS WAS Just posted on RDC:

I was surprised when I heard about this because I was in Pete's truck while in line for qual when RG came up to us and actually gave Pete props for trying the paddles. They were both very nice to each other and made a friendly bet. Also RG didn't think the paddles were a bad idea at all, he just thought there was too many paddles on the tire, that's all.

Stuff happenes and guys will be guys. I understand why RG was pissed.
Ashcraft Racing #78 / DA Family

So he needs to rename the serries

"Best in the desert unless I say so"

I was at the finish about 1 hour or so before Robby drove in. Casey was working hard loading stuff up into a big box truck. Over my scanner I hear someone say that they were giving Truck #77 Robby Gordon a 15 min. penalty for communicating with his helicopter. He then repeated himself and sounded somewhat excited about it. I had not heard this person talk on the radio at all until then. I think it may have been the guy that interviews the drivers, but I am not sure. As Robby got closer to the finish the interview guy came out of a trailer and walked over to Casey to tell him that Robby would not be the overall winner of the race and why. I do not think Casey was consulted about the issuing of this penalty until after it was repeated twice over the radio. I guess I am kinda defending Casey because I do not think he knew what was going on until it was too late. Maybe if he was consulted they would have waited until after the race to review the situation and or evidence. Just my opinion. It was great to see the old Trophy truck run so well. Hats off to Weddle Industries and the new Albins Trans. they built for the truck.

What? Not consulted? JMO, but it's llittle hard to believe Casey wouldn't know about it. From all the BITD events I've followed, he seems involved in all aspects of the events. Again, JMO.

I saw it and heard it with my own eyes and ears. Not sure why they would not go out and talk to Casey before getting on the radio like thet did. I also wonder why the guy on the radio sounded so happy about it.

@John, Completely agree the Robby's TT was bad fast.nothing broke causing a DNF. And the Albin's modified by Weddle Industries look's like it passed the 425 test. I would love to see the box and rear gear in post race inspection.

Id like to see that as well. Must be a pretty stout piece of engineering that trans. If it held up RG style, you can sell that trans to anyone now ;o)

Robby's Trophy Truck sounds so wicked. I love the way they designed the exhaust system.

@John, and firing order, and my favorite, compression;-)

Whats the latest on this Heli Com deal? Is 3rd place official yet?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service