Even though Robby Gordon will not be racing at Daytona, here is a thread for those who still WANT to talk about Nascar and their first event of the year. Duel races are on Thursday ( Feb 21st ) and the race is on Sunday ( Feb 24th ) . Here is a snapshot of the backup car from 2012, many didn't know it was a black.

Views: 3803

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the Gen6 chassis are just updated COT's.Robby's RR car isn't old and it could be updated.It would also need to fitted for a current engine supplier and Gen6 body. I don't foresee a sponsor stepping up for the half mill. to update the RR car and lease an engine. Sear's is June 23rd,Chicago SST is on the 22nd.Leaving just the Glen as an available date..That being said,the guys are busy building SST's.

Why is it so hard to get a count on the SST's built so far, just asking...

there was 22 a month ago, Speed Freak 7 says 30 now.

tks MKR

Blizzard hitting us now, time to hunker down and put more logs on the fire...

They plan on having 30 done by Phoenix according to the article and it said they were ahead of production

Sorry SF7, I didn't quote your post exactly

I forgot that the Road Course chassis is not old, I could imagine that finding someone to foot the bill would be unfeasable in the time frame allowed, I can just imagine the logistics involved in the building of a fleet of SST trucks and the other infastructure involved in starting a new series from scratch. With some of the older chassis on hand at RGM this is the reason for TOG to jump back into the ARCA competition again, .........bet the chassis would be less $$ this time around, just kidding. As far as nascar is concerned out of sight, out of mind

TOG raced ARCA???

sarcasm

post race comments-------
NASCAR to evaluate 'Gen 6' cars: NASCAR plans to meet with Sprint Cup teams to discuss whether tweaks are needed to the new "Gen 6" car before the next restrictor plate race. "We'll do one-on-ones on that and see what they think," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president for competition, on Tuesday. "A lot of people have opinions. The racing was as old school as it gets. If there's some things we're encouraged to look at, we will. Once you get a race under your belt, even as a competitor, you would work on things once you got a race of that length under your belt." Pemberton said the main issue appeared to be the lack of movement on the inside lane. Many fans complained the race was boring due to the lack of passing. "Some of the stuff we were told is they could run 10 to 20 laps on the bottom, and then it went away on them," Pemberton said. "It was in short spurts. We know that's something they need." For about 75% of the race, the cars ran in single file on the top lane. Many drivers were frustrated about the inability to move forward when they moved to the bottom line, and that fellow competitors weren't willing to go to the bottom line with them. Pemberton said it's too early to determine whether a test will be added before the next plate race, May 5 at Talladega Superspeedway. He noted that despite their similarity in length -- 2.5 miles for Daytona, 2.66 for Talladega -- they are "so different racetracks."(ESPN)(2-27-2013)

Mike,
I saw that, I was wondering what everyone thought of the look of the gen 6 cars? Personally I like them, however I thought what Dodge had shown was one of the better looking of all. Anything beats the look of the original COT.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service