Robby Gordon #315 - Stage 4 Quotes

"We started off second and we got through some really gnarly, silty stuff. We went over a dune and it was just straight down with one right end to it. We idled into it just enough to tip us over the front, honestly, five miles an hour probably, it wasn't a big rollover. Except it put all the weight of the vehicle on the front, broke the windshield and flopped it on its roof and we had to wait for new radiators to get to us. It was a long wait."

"It's been a disappointing rally for us; we expected so much more. The first day I was too conservative and this dune I went over just a little too much, so we can't find a happy medium I guess. The rollover was honestly five miles an hour. It stood on the top for a while and I thought it was going to come backwards, but it just flopped over. It wasn't that dangerous except for the fact that we were on the other side of the dune. It was probably five to seven minutes before Peterhansel got there, so we'd already put some gap on him, but that doesn't do us any good now."

"You know, we just needed to have a good day today. I don't know what's going wrong… Like I said, we've just had a horrible rally so far this year. I don't see a bright side coming, because it's going to be a long ten days. Last year we were so good most of the rally and this year we started off conservatively like I did last year and it's just been unfortunate. We haven't been able to put it all together."

"We've got the team, we've got the cars, but I guess the drivers are making mistakes. It's just unfortunate. I think we're going to have sit back and see if it really makes sense to continue or not."

Views: 3474

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Too fast, too slow, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Time for a break and I don't mean the windscreen.

Hope they continue. Just that.

In the end it's about getting the word out. Robby is doing just that. Winning of course is everything, but kicking some stage wins just to stir the pot will keep his brand out there.

Gas On Robby !!!

I know any exposure he can get while down there is good. However, I am wondering how much it costs a day for him to run? Gas, Tires, Crew etc. Are the crew members pre-paid a set amount for the Dakar even if they call it - game over 10 days early? I know must of the expense is probably with the truck and transport (Not Sure) But based on Robby's quote, about if it makes sense to continue or not - I'm wondering what ultimately will factor into his decision. Is it the fact that he's out of the running for a podium and he'd rather get home and concentrate on the more important things or what?

the support trucks are fully loaded with new parts, that's a lot of $$

i would imagine everything is already paid for so now is just a question as to weather its worth contuing and saving face
GAS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have they determined what caused the damage to the radiators? From the picture there looks to be no frame damage to the area where the radiators are.

read the quote above. Rg says what happened. All the weight in the front must have damaged them.

A Hummer standing on them will do that....

As I see it, he has to get back in the saddle tomorrow and go and fight. There is no other way. The car is good, legally we are still in the Rally, to walk away becuase we cant win is not good enough. He can totally win half a dozen stages, which will be amazing boost for him personally, his team and his FANS....

is not over till the fat lady sings.thats the nature of the beast.just be you.have fun,let it all out.and itll come together your fans are in you side good luck

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service