We are now in the final days leading up until the start of the 2013 Dakar Rally here at PlanetRobby. This is the most anticipated rally in recent memory, with MANY subplots ( RG vs the mini's, the king of the energy drinks and the new "Nasser" buggy) and of course, the battle with Peterhensel. This is truly an US vs THEM battle for the ages. Those who have been here during the past Dakar Rallies, we plan on doing what we always have done: Making this a great 'getaway' and destination for all Robby Gordon and Dakar fans.

Looking at the Schedule, the scrutineering sets things in motion:

January 2,3 & 4th, 2013: The beaches of Lima

The site of the technical and administrative checks will be set up in the Magdalena District, where the South-American competitors will assemble on 2nd January in the afternoon. The “Dakar Village”, a meeting place for the competitors, the rally’s sponsors and the spectators, is next to the secure car park where the vehicles will be parked before the start.

Opening hours for the public:

01/02: 11am - 11p
01/03: 11am - 11pm
01/04: 10am - 4pm

5th January 2013: on stage in Chorrillos

Before setting off for the rally’s first special stage, the public will discover the 2013 Dakar’s competitors, on a podium set up on the beach in Chorrillos: the presentation will take place from 8am to 1.30pm.

Stage 1 runs from Lima to Pisco and has a VERY SHORT special section, only 13 km long.

We will have a thread for EACH stage of the rally, as well as the post race quotes, etc. Feel free to discuss your thoughts & predictions leading up to stage 1. Thanks for the support.

Views: 8313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1100 lb's lighter? There's a difference between claimed weight and race weight.
Let's compare.
RGM
LS Chevrolet
Albins Transmission
37"TOYO tires
2 spares
one shock per wheel
100gl fuel cap.
Buggy
LS Chevrolet- thats equal
Albins Transmission- thats equal
37" TOYO tires- thats equal
2 spares- thats equal
2 shocks per wheel- advantage RGM
unknown fuel cap., but guessing from the length,it doesn't carry 100gl. advantage RGM
Unlike Nascar,you don't have to a full fuel tank to pass tech;-)

take stage 4 as an example, it's 717km (445ml) and requires appr. 75gl of fuel
stage 6 is 767km
stage 7 is 754km
stage 8 is 849km
stage 9 is 852km = 88gl at 6mpg
stage 12 is 715km
stage 13 is 735km

so where would 500kg's come from?

When things start breaking we should get a good idea where the weight savings come from, if we find out what actually breaks!

I am not so worried about Nasser because considering his driving style I'm sure his buggy will fail, but Carlos is an excellent wheelman and is very experienced at getting the most out of his ride. Sainz will make it to the end with a top ten.

The Dakar buggies have looked lighter then the Open class Hummer over the years.Now..You can see after 7 years of RG Hummer the Dakar Buggies have learned from the RG Hummers.More wheel travel and Chevy Ls motors.. The Jefferies buggy isn't the only Chevy LS Buggies..The Mitsubise Lancers have Ford V8s in them now.

I wonder how many times Sainz will tow in Nasser before he just passes him while he is holding Belts in his hand." BELTS".R Gordon said it was from over reving the motor..when Nasser drove the Hummer..Probably do to to much air time.

Or the bottoming out...

Picture of the presentation podium/ramp setup on the beach via SPEED Energy Mexico.. Not much room on either side of it for a jump this year.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=555174734510543&set=a.55...

No need for a jump, just do a pre race burn-out

Save all the burnouts for the victory celebrations...

Yes I agree no donuts no burnouts etc . Jumping on the podium yes but no pressure on the car before the race ( please Robby you are there to win the dakar ) . No RISC this time

I honest to God would not be surprised if the ramp was set up that way for the single reason to keep Robby from doing a jump. You cannot tell layout the by the picture but why not have the ocean as a backdrop for the stage?

I'm thinking the same as you. thats what popped into my head when i saw that pic.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service