Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2012 Sonoma cup race. Robby Gordon will attempt to qualify the #7 Mapei Dodge into the field on Friday & will run the full race on Sunday. Gordon finished 18th at this track in 2011 & won the race in 2003. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the California track.

FRIDAY , JUNE 22nd

Practice 3:00pm - 4:30 pm/et ( TV - SPEED )
Qualifying 6:40pm - 8:00 pm/et ( TV - SPEED - TAPE DELAY AT 11:00pm/et )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , JUNE 23rd

Practice 12:30pm/et - 1:15pm/et ( TV - NONE )
Happy Hour 3:00pm/et - 4:00pm/et (TV -SPEED - TAPE DELAY AT 11:00pm/et )

SUNDAY , JUNE 24th

Raceday 3:00 pm/et , greenflag at 3:18 pm/et ( TV - TNT )

TOP F.A.Q

1. Engine? RGM
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy / MAPEI
3. Crew Chief ? Robby Gordon
4. Full Race? YES
5. Souvenir Hauler ? YES
6. Where is Miles Stanley? Engineer for BK Racing ( 73, 83 & 93 )

7. Where is Brooks ? Napa Valley

LIVE GARAGE CAM

Views: 26596

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just wanna say hey to all of you.....We are looking forward to a great weekend. Great group assembled for this ROAD trip. Got help coming from Charlotte as well as Anaheim Shops. We are all in it to win it. Watch with enthusiasm. Car has been massaged on and is ready to roll. Enjoy. I'll send you pic's Scott. And if your nice...Updates....

+1

Good luck this Weekend Brook's...

So, I get to watch a Nascar race for the first time in 3 months.
Too long.

FYI - Robby is on Claire B. Lang "Dialed In" tomorrow night on XM. I didn't hear what time, I just caught it while I was on a run to the store....

Lets be honest, Robby has been his own crew chief for a few years now. After all, his name is on the building. In all the years I listened to him with a crew chief, he generally called the shots, anyway. Maybe put Baja Bob as the crew chief?

This is going to be such a fun weekend with Robby back at the track. I'll be there all three days got the hot pass to get right up close. Give them hell Robby!

Gonna be a great weekend, only 44 cars on entry list so Robby can push it a little and get a good starting position. Plus I finally drank my first SPEED energy drink and have 15 more to go....

I don't get it? Here is another post that says because there are only 44 cars entered that Robby should try harder in qualifying. He has been locked into the top 35 until this year and his average recent starting spot is around 20th. He has to qualify or he goes home this time. I expect to see him in the middle of the field

Good for miles to still working. Always liked him

Qualify top 15....make a plan...stick to the plan...Good Luck RG and Speed Energy!!

Per NASCAR.com
Robby Gordon was forced to trim his schedule early this season when funding could not be found and without a full-time ride, he can be regarded as a road ringer for the moment. He will be tempting to some players, but that might cost them a lot of points. There is no doubt that Gordon has the skill to race with the leaders after sweeping the two road courses in 2003 for Richard Childress Racing. He also has runner-up finishes in his own equipment at both Sonoma and Watkins Glen, but his second-place result in the 2010 Toyota/Save Mart 350 is the only top-15 in his most recent eight road course attempts at the Cup level. Too often, he is forced to push his equipment too hard in these opportunity races and that has been disastrous in the past.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service