Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2012 Sonoma cup race. Robby Gordon will attempt to qualify the #7 Mapei Dodge into the field on Friday & will run the full race on Sunday. Gordon finished 18th at this track in 2011 & won the race in 2003. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the California track.

FRIDAY , JUNE 22nd

Practice 3:00pm - 4:30 pm/et ( TV - SPEED )
Qualifying 6:40pm - 8:00 pm/et ( TV - SPEED - TAPE DELAY AT 11:00pm/et )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , JUNE 23rd

Practice 12:30pm/et - 1:15pm/et ( TV - NONE )
Happy Hour 3:00pm/et - 4:00pm/et (TV -SPEED - TAPE DELAY AT 11:00pm/et )

SUNDAY , JUNE 24th

Raceday 3:00 pm/et , greenflag at 3:18 pm/et ( TV - TNT )

TOP F.A.Q

1. Engine? RGM
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy / MAPEI
3. Crew Chief ? Robby Gordon
4. Full Race? YES
5. Souvenir Hauler ? YES
6. Where is Miles Stanley? Engineer for BK Racing ( 73, 83 & 93 )

7. Where is Brooks ? Napa Valley

LIVE GARAGE CAM

Views: 26596

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

kinda sucks that qualifying won't be live on SPEEDTV , but Barrett Jackson auto auction has main billing. At least the first practice session will be televised live.

first.... chassis is gibbs right TOG? let's do this! we can go balls out and get SPEED into the winners circle this weekend!!!!!

Is it a bit unusual for the driver/ owner to be the Crew Chief too? I don't remember ever hearing that?

No biggie. RG knows what he wants on raceday. He can call the shots :) . One of the longtime guys on the crew will probably be given the CC duties this weekend. Keep in mind its a P/T team with only a few nascar races slated to be run the remainder of the year. They have it under control. Enjoy!

To be honest, when I saw the Richmond race last year, he was telling Miles what he wanted and what to do. I don't remember Miles doing more than making sure they did what Robby wanted. I'm sure he did many things around the shop.

F' it....you want something done right, do it yourself. but now having his son Max spot..not sure about that one.

There have been a lot of great drivers that essentially just had a crew chief as a hood ornament(not saying all Robby's crew chiefs have been ornaments but you get what I mean)

By far and away, one hell of a weekend of racing coming up. If this gets pulled out put up a shingle and charge folks to be members, there may be a bum rush of new faces. However with Miles gone who the hell was in charge of the goings on with the building and prep and testing and engine and I mean there still has to be "someone" at the shop calling the shots ..............?

RG..

Should work as long as someone is doing the fuel calc's right, how bout Baja Bob up on the box? Should be a great camera day for the 7 . No worries for racing the rest of the year if things get crazy... Im watchin this on flag to flag...just don't hit tony or cuz carl! everyone else fair game!

And Robby is not on probabtion either...Joey might want to stay away from RG's front bumper. You don't want to mess with someone who's not running for a Championship or Top 35 spot. When you go for a win none of that matters, and if the car doesn't look like a Top 5 car...you can give some payback.

You just know RG has Logano in his memory bank.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service