Join in and discuss all the action for the 2012 San Felipe 250. Robby Gordon will drive the #77 SPEED Energy Trophy Truck. Live coverage begins on Saturday, March 10th via the SAN FELIPE link on the main menu. Trophy Trucks are slated to begin at 1:00pm/et ( 10:00am local time ) .Raceday chat will begin at 9:00am/et. Robby Gordon will start 3rd.

Views: 6421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Time to design somthing new..........and fast.

Brilliant,and the money to build an all new design is coming from your check book?!

MIKE......are you the site COP since when are you the only one to be able to make a comment. Dude you need to get a life and get out of that basement.

i'll pray for him to win this one, want to write in bold letters at RDC u can k.m.a mf.

I count 25 Trophy Trucks , that seems like a low number , do you think ther will be additional entries before start of race i.e. late entries ?

25 TT's is not bad, but it would be higher if not for the BITD Mint 400 two weeks later. The Mint has 35 TT's entered and 49 class 1 cars. There are a few that are planning on racing both, but that is a huge commitment with a huge dollar sign behind it. The Mint is only racing cars and trucks and they hit their max of 300 entry's. That is where the majority of the TT''s and class 1 cars will be racing. Score's San Felipe 250 only has about 75 entries total and that is including bikes. I think Sal and Score are learning the slow & hard way that they are not the only big time series around anymore, and you cant just sell your series on location. You need to show support to the racers which a series like BITD does and now smaller series like HDRA are trying to take another slice of the pie.

Like. See ya at Plaster City. Look us up !!

LOVE the look of the carbon body black truck..... I say keep it this way.... Drive it like you stole it.

Here is my thoughts on RG winning San Felipe. I would love to see RG win the 250. But with looking at how many have improved their shock packages in the last year ( I dont know what changes if any RG has made.) I dont know if RG can beat some of these other teams though San Felipe's huge whoops. These huge whoops have always been tough on the RGM Single shock package. Even the Riviera #3 TT and Roger Norman's TT which both run RGM single shocks have had challenges at San Felipe. Both have run a water spray system to try to cool the shocks.

I dont know how many know this but Fox Shoxs started to build a shock cooling system called External Cooling System (ECS) or Cactus Coolers last year. This system cycles the shock oil through cooling fins which has shown to dramatically reduce the shock temp. Currently 13 TT teams are running this system and Rob MC has won San Felipe twice with this system.

Here are some specs Fox gave out about the Cactus Cooler system.

San Felipe 250
Finishing Time 4:15
» March air temp 80°
» Shock temp 443° (without cooler)

San Felipe COC
Time 4:10
» September air temp 105°
» Shock temp 298° (with cooler)

FOX shoxs for SF race only

Saw this pic on twitter today. pretty sweet pic of jesse james' TT with a Speed Energy shirt in front of it.... I know Jesse wished RG good luck on the Daytona 500 race. We gonna see and Speed stuff on Jesses truck???

Jesse James Trophy Truck...

Them both loves the ladies....They are both hard workers and crafters..I would love to see it

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service