OK team of planet Robby supporters----any ideas for RG on how to get maximum exposure in a tight economy for 2012?

Possible ideas:

1.) Run cup as a pure start and park to run the Nationwide series. Benefits---RG would run top 5-10 in almost all races and get exposure for Speed Energy Drink

2.) Run cup as a pure start and park to run limited Indy schedule---(US road races and Indy). RG would likely run top 5 and indy series is starting to show some life. There will be new car and new engines and RG is great on road courses

What do you guys and gals think out there---TOG---what do you think may be the plan for next year?

Views: 391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Number one is a definite NO! You make more money finishing last in Cup than winning a Nationwide race. Everyone has opinions, so here's mine.

Run 2 cars at every race. S&P one car just to get points & cash. RGM hopefully will repeat next year what he did this year. Run 10-15 races depending on points & sponsorship deals (maybe involving Speed) to call an audible. But, if things aren't better could run only a few full races and S&P the rest. (Daytona, Sonoma, Brickyard & Watkins Glen should be definite).

If you can run two cars, S&P the back up car at every race (attempts are important), guarantees you a starting position at rainouts if you have the points. Find additional sponsorship!!! Assoiciate, primary (even if it's race by race). Be great if they could find a sponsor for a 2nd car at the plate races (having a partner is huge now). If RGM could finish the year with 2 cars in the Top 35 at the end of 2012...it could pay huge dividens in 2013. It will be a S&P challenge next year with more teams likely to compete in the S&P game. Have a good qualifying package, make the races & slowly build.

The problem is RGM is low on employees, funds & equipment. It's a survival year and next year looks no better. No Fast Five next year, so RGM has to replace that too. The good is Speed Energy is great on flavor, good product. The bad is the energy drink market is saturated & peaked out.

The Dessert Challenge was cancelled. Jeep isn't affiliated with RGM for Dakar. No Penske deal. Those are set backs. Lots of teams will be making huge choices next season.
Gotta chuckle at all these NW series is the answer posts. ROBBY HAS A CUP TEAM.
Tog, tell it like it is, why don't ya.............
This past weekend at Dover the winner of the Nationwide race won $49,775 (2nd place only $26,075)... RGM made $67,650 for 52 laps (last place made $67,329). The math says stay in CUP!!!!
TOG---My thoughts regarding a NW or Indy team would be to use the funds from the cup car to race the entire race in NW or Indy where RG would run up front and get maximum exposure for the product with the hopes that would help market the product. Running 10-12 full races in CUP in the back of the field is not going to get the marketing that a new product needs. RG needs to think of exposure for the product name---being talked to on pit road holding a can of speed when you finishe top 5 in NW will bring much more attention then running 30-35 in a cup race. I realize that the prize money is crap in the other series. If RG can start and park and run less then 10 laps on the Cup side what would that free up for other race series?

There are many facts that I do not have when making these "what if's"---I don't know what costs and resoures he has tied up in the business--(Speed Energy), what costs he has in the building-(fixed costs, variable costs, etc). As a fan of Robby's driving talent I wish there were some possible way to see him up front in a fight then driving around in the back. I realize that there would be costs involved in entering a new series like Indy and don't know if that would be possible. I am very happy to see posts regarding the placement of product with new retailers. I personally have purchased 25+ 4-packs of assorted flavors and I live down in Lexington, SC. I am older then some of you--(48) and grew up in my mid to late 20's watching a young, brash american kid fight with Emerson, Nigel, Michael, Mario, Al, etc., etc. and more then hold his own in equipment that was not top draw. I want to see Robby get a chance to run up front and to do so in Cup costs mega dollars. Is there any chance of this in the current general economic malaise??
If it made sense for RG to run NW, he would already be doing it.
I don't think the profit off S&P in cup pays for much else (especially as purses continue to shrink).

It'd be nice to see RG grab another SCORE title and make some real noise at Dakar...and finally seal the deal in Montreal, if the NNS goes back.
next year will be just as bad for sponsors and $$$. it sucks but s n p is the only thing for $$$, but i wonder how much funds are left to run a shop and expenses for just s n p. he needs to find some other type of sponsorship.

i would sell the #7 in a second for cash to danica. i wish rgm could merge with stewart haas and let danica run the 7 and rgm run races she wont run.

bigzoom is dead on a saturated energy drink market, seems new drinks come out weekly and menards even has other unknown energy drinks next to speed on the shelves.

i wish rg would run some other series just as a fill in driver for exposure and use speed as an associate.
i wish he would merge with a team too, but not with stewart, because gordon and stewart have had there flaws with each other. but good idea.
he should see if he can get an alliance with stewart, for cars or engines, and have danica drive for robby for use of the #7. thatd be cool.
1) RG run a cup car for Road race and those circle track where he is good

2) Get in Nationwide series and WIN there, and start and park the rest of the time the cup car

Nationwide get a lot more of coverage than before,

There's a sentence is sponsorship and motorsport :Win on sunday sell on Monday

The sentence is NOT Start and Park and sunday and sell in Monday!!
The sentence should be - "Start on sunday, pay the bills on monday"

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service