Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2012 Las Vegas cup race. Robby Gordon will attempt to qualify the #7 into the field on Friday & will drive the car on Sunday. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Nevada track.

FRIDAY , MARCH 9th

Practice     3:00pm - 4:30 pm/et ( TV - SPEED )
Qualifying   6:30pm - 8:00 pm/et ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , MARCH 10th

Practice       12:30pm/et - 1:25pm/et ( TV - SPEED )
Happy Hour   3:20pm/et - 4:20pm/et (TV -SPEED )

SUNDAY , MARCH 11th

Raceday       3:00 pm/et , greenflag at 3:16 pm/et ( TV - FOX )

TOP F.A.Q

1. Saturday Driver? ( While RG runs San Felipe ) Reed Sorenson
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy/REBEL
3. Crew Chief ? Miles Stanley
4. Full Race? NO
5. Souvenir Hauler ? YES

LIVE GARAGE CAM

Views: 8885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WOW... tuff crowd, smart asses and sarcasm all in one place.I guess I'll ask better questions,like will the car be orange or will the suvy trailer be there next time. But thanks for the info on Reed. So what's a driver like Reed pull in for a one day practice/ "Q" for a S&P starter?

Will the car be painted orange?

Great info as always TOG! Thanks for the heads up. Good luck to Robby and Reed this weekend. It's amazing what you learn just by READING THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION section. ;-)

I am thinking that no one will qualify the car on Saturday because Robby will have already attemepted on Friday. (that's my smart ass comment) Good to know he will be there on Friday to qualify.

Reed is going to be there Saturday, but if this a S&P race, why bother to even practice and incur the cost of fuel and tires on Saturday unless Robby is taking a page from Morgan Shepherd and scuffing tires for other teams for a fee? Full Race? NO implies that it is a Start and Park race so once qualifying is over the race is done.

If you wondered where alot of the teams money goes. This article showed me some of the complexities of an engine program.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/vintage-speed/the-spring-...

I believe there is a rule that states post qualifying a car must run at least one lap of practice. I believe???

Unfortunately, Steve Bown(the president of PSI, which the article is about) died in a plane crash last weekend.

A cool article, and well worth the read.

delevopment costs are passed down to engine lease'es on a per race basis.

I noticed in this picture: http://www.planetrobby.com/photo/daytona-500-pits?context=featured There are 3 rims that have a "9 43" (Petty) Sticker on them. Not sure if there is anything to it or if RGM just didn't get their #7 sticker on them yet.

Josh, Those tires are all scuffed in/used. It is possible that RGM filled out their set of 6 tires buy buying tires from RPM that were beyond their usefull life. Daytona is not very hard on tires so RGM would have used them if they ran out of good tires. Per rule 20 -10.7 Wheels / Lug Bolts / Lug Nuts E. All wheels must have the car number visible with 1-1/4" high numbers on the inside and outside of the rim. The rule book is a little vague on selling tires, but one thing is plain, a team cannot have more then 6 sets (24 tires) but are not required to buy 6 new sets. And each team is responsible for returning used and unused tires back to Goodyear at the conclusion of the event

Penske motor and gibbs chassis this weekend?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service