Join in here and discuss all the happy hour practice & raceday action for the 2012 Daytona 500.

MONDAY , FEBRUARY 27th

RACEDAY  12:00pm/et - ( TV - FOX )

TOP F.A.Q

1. Full race ? YES
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy/MENARDS/MAPEI
3. Crew Chief ? Miles Stanley
4. Must Qualify On Time ? NOW QUALIFIED
5. Souvenir Hauler ? NO

LIVE GARAGE CAM

Views: 53740

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Practice 1
13 laps. Best lap: 196.168mph

So far in todays practice 2, RG is 22 out of 23 at 47.48sec. Best is 45.06. He has a way to go with power and setup to race his way in.

So far Hendricks has 6 wrecked cars and we aren't even to the 500. NASCAR's idea of reducing cost ain't working!

He ran 3 laps to probably just do one last shakedown before tomorrow's 150. If he ran 25 laps and couldn't keep up with the pack, I'd probably hit the panic button and hope for attrition tomorrow. Otherwise, I'm not worried...yet. Wait until this time tomorrow.

Turtle - He only made one NON DRAFTING run of 3 laps in the 2nd session. Hardly anyone was drafting & most just shookdown their cars ( including the #7 ) . 24 cars didn't even make runs the last practice.

I recall three or four years ago me and my uncle Paul ( god rest his soul) went to a local pub after the bar keep at our first choice (bar maid) told us "we ain't watchin' that shit here" and the second bar maid at the next never even heard of a twin 125 or whatever. The entire bar was into the races big time.....all four of us. Those were the days when they meant something not the commercial lock system they are now a days. Tomorrow it's all about one car one race, other than us there is not going to be a fan base that could care at all I'd say. Think about it. Have a good evening and or good morning folks what ever the case may be.......GAS ON

How many go or go home drivers is Robby running with in the duel?

Mike Wallace and Michael McDowell

Plus Bayne, T. Labonte, Stremme, and Waltrip.

Robby has to finish ahead of 5 of those 6 to make the show.

Really want him to make the show. Who knows whats going to happen.

God and TOG

The number of variables involved are simply too mind-numbing for me, I must admit. Wrecks are certainly not out of the question, and it's difficult to know what sort of strategy one could use to avoid them. I hate to think that we would have to knock the #21 out of the show in order to get in ourselves. That would just be too cruel to my mind.

I suspect when all is said and done it will all boil down to last-lap craziness.

I'll be watching, but with the assumption that Old Man Fate will be the one determining the final outcome.

we need to be first or second of the out of top 35er's. We canNOT bump Trevor out of the show, but he can bump us out! Trevor is in on Q time no matter what.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service