Join in here and discuss all the happy hour practice & raceday action for the 2012 Daytona 500.

MONDAY , FEBRUARY 27th

RACEDAY  12:00pm/et - ( TV - FOX )

TOP F.A.Q

1. Full race ? YES
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy/MENARDS/MAPEI
3. Crew Chief ? Miles Stanley
4. Must Qualify On Time ? NOW QUALIFIED
5. Souvenir Hauler ? NO

LIVE GARAGE CAM

Views: 53740

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right on, you are always get it or got it.............

Yes we are all RG fans if we are this site. It appears to be the "rock and a hard place" situation for RGM. They don't have the funding to be competitive in Nascar which in turn does not get him any TV time for brand awareness. (aka advertising for speed energy)
The whole, How many cans of speed does it take to fund one race/engine to not exactly a good equation. It is all about brand awareness, which is done by allowing your product to be viewed over and over again. If your not a robby fan you probably didn't even know who was on his car. The take home point of that is nascar is a very expensive place to advertise with little pay off.
Robby appears to get a lot more exposure in the dirt world as well it appears he has a lot more support there.
It's tough times at RGM and I hope he ends out on the top end. Good luck and gas on

"The take home point of that is nascar is a very expensive place to advertise with little pay off."
There's a reason PepsiCo replaced AMP Energy in favor of Mountain Dew despite having the most popular driver of the past decade pimping their product. There's a reason Red Bull pulled out of NASCAR despite having a race winning team and high profile drivers. The NASCAR demographic at large doesn't buy energy drinks.

Real race fans know who sponsors who from P1 to P43. Real race fans also support "their' driver's sponsor/product.

Michael, when you make fun of my pencil, I consider that a below the belt blow sir

for reference Joe Nemechek ran 194 laps, 169 more then the 7 earned $287,363, $19,213 more then the 7, but used up a leased race motor (apprx $100K) and several sets of tires. I would imagine the 7 netted more prize money then the 87.

Yeah but look at all the sponsor exposure Joe got......who was his sponsor again?

Lets get this topic to 1000 say with a good ol days theme like perhaps. In the good OL' days they would do a through the field and we would have known Joes sponsor was .......well in the good OL days we would have known.

Exactly, only difference "if" the 7 makes it to the end without wrecking or blowing the motor RG is always good for a last 10 lap challenge. the 87 hasn't done that in years.

As a Robby fan I prefer to root for him on the track and not on RGM's quickbooks balance. (but if he lucked out and only blew a motor which means he can race a full race this Sunday I will be happy)

@7gas, Joe owns his engines and TRIAD is his rebuilder.Joe and Robby have a similar program now.

Oh... I guess Michael is right I am your fuzzy headed pencil holding troll! Good to know.

Well I guess that kind of shows that maybe nascar is not the best advertising forum. I honestly do not know who was on the side of Nemechek's car. The unfortunate thing is that the motor blew and Robby did not have an opportunity to stay around to the end and hope for a good finish and maybe some advertising time. It racing, motors blow and people crash and thats what makes me keep watching. Never know whats going to happen next

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service