Join in here and discuss all the happy hour practice & raceday action for the 2012 Daytona 500.

MONDAY , FEBRUARY 27th

RACEDAY  12:00pm/et - ( TV - FOX )

TOP F.A.Q

1. Full race ? YES
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy/MENARDS/MAPEI
3. Crew Chief ? Miles Stanley
4. Must Qualify On Time ? NOW QUALIFIED
5. Souvenir Hauler ? NO

LIVE GARAGE CAM

Views: 53743

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Saving his motor ??????? I'm almost certain based on the fact that you don't share a slice of pizza with co-workers by each taking bites (some people do I swear it's true Mike worked with men who would bite off the same slice of pizza in the lunch room it made me sick) But any way based on things like that there may be differing motor rules package for an engine that runs practice qualifying a duel then a 500 miler...........ooooopps you said the duels sorry. Sorry bout that

according to Bob Pockrass on twitter Robby is duel one, and so is Trevor...

Would have to race with McDowell, Waltrip, and M Wallace for final two spots.

Terry, Stremme are also in that duel but theyre already locked in.

Yep, I have no idea how they came up with this.
http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2012/101/data/lineup.html
Fords seem to work with this car. So, McDowell,Labonte and Stremme?

It makes me sick...it sounds like crying. We have the top-25 catered to (Bud Shoot Out). We have Danica, who Im not sure actually survived a Cup race yet...guaranteed entry. We have Jeff Gordon attempt to wreck Kyle....no announcer dare suggest any wrongdoing ( The same announcers that point fingers at RG if ANYTHING goes on around him)...... Im upset. What are the chances he comes in 1 or 2 with people afraid to do the 2-car tandem??? And I was just about to make a custom RG/ PlanetRobby/ #7 Shirt to wear at Daytona.

Yea, Robby will be in Duel 1 now because of the infractions.

So...McDowell, Waltrip, Mike Wallace, and Robby are racing for the 2 spots.

Infractions?

Bowyer, too low post qualifying.

Yep, originally they said he (Bowyer) would start in his top 35 starting Dual,tail end.It's why it took so long so the Qual's line up to be official.His time was disallowed,moving Robby to 47th

IMO, though anything can happen in the duels (see Brian K last year) Its going to come-down to Waltrip, Robby, and if Trevor races his way in on Thursday or plays it safe. Mike Wallace is a good plate racer but dont know if he has the car to draft with, McDowell pulled the upset a few years ago in the duel but same issue as Wallace, dont know if he has the car to draft with. Garret said it earlier, this is probably the safer duel. The 2nd duel has Kenny Wallace, Joe Nemechek, Bill Elliot, and Dave Blaney as competitors for the two spots. Should make for an interesting Thursday!

I really think the 2 car tango is out, I really think that a driver such as RG can take advantage of drafting, (picking the fast line, side drafting and so on) RG was great at this back in the day..The only thing RG has to decide is where to run the early laps, back and maybe loose the draft or out front and take the chance of some idiot trying to push in the corner. He just has to be in striking distance on the last 2 laps....then blow the dam thing up pushing someone to the front....

Don't think you can wait out in the back. Looks like the "suck up" isn't as strong with the shorter spoiler - safest bet is to me at the front for the entire race. My .02...

its gonna be tight, but RG has more racing seat time in the current cup car than any of the guys he has to outrun, and his car has proven effective. I like Robby's chances in this one.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service