Quotes from Stage 8 of the 2012 Dakar Rally

Robby Gordon - Finished 2nd

" Nani Roma may have beat me, but it must have been close. Beating Peterhansel by seven minutes makes this a great day. In all honesty, I did not attack too much, except towards the end of the stage. At any rate, I was not at my best in the first 300 kilometres, only in the last 150. I felt the others breathing down my neck, so I accelerated."

Nasser Al Attiyah - Finished 5th

"We had a problem with an engine belt. We repaired it... and shortly after it was the alternator's turn to need a repair. But then we started attacking in earnest. There were six cars in front of us and we overtook all the Minis, as well as De Villiers' Toyota. We did a good job. They are nervous because I overtook all of them, but that is not my problem. I know everything is going smoothly, and we will see how far we can go."

Johnny Campbell

Coming Soon

Views: 3653

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robby ended up beating Peterhansel by 5 minutes, 38 seconds.

Great Day

SWEET
Killer!!!!!! Great day!!!!

another great day for RG, 6 more stages like this and bring it home,. nice

Great day for Team RGM!

Not to change the subject but can we get a list of all the crew that is on the RGM Dakar team? In the past I have known most of who went down with the team. This year I dont know? It would be great to get a list of crew and where they are from. Are they regular RGM employees ( Off-road or NASACR) or do they work for other fab shops like many have in the past.

TOG or WJM is this possible?

Great day. Keep 'em coming RG, nice and consistent.

Is it possible that RGM could finish #1 & 2 in this event? Would NASCAR pay homage?

Whether or not NASCAR does, does not matter.......... To me at least.

Not if Nascar can figure some way to screw with RG. Me thinks Mr France has loon reaching fingers.

Hell yeah it will this is the Dakar

Homage? Hah! You must be kidding?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service