A few quotes from Robby Gordon & Nasser Al- Attiyah after stage 3 of the 2012 Dakar Rally.

Robby Gordon ( Finished 5th, 2nd overall ) - " Good stage for us. Very conservative. Just didn't want to have any punctures or any problems. I am very happy with the results. This is going to put us in position to win the rally."

Nasser Al-Attiyah ( Finished 3rd, 6th overall ) - " It's looking good. I am not really pushing it, since my support truck is still in Buenos Aires. I am using the same tires the last three days. We have to be careful about not needing any spare parts "

" I missed one section of the stage that costed me about a minute. I took it easy in the higher altitudes, which are not very good for petrol engines. Very good finish for the Qatar Hummer. "

NOTE: 2nd support truck will clear customs on Jan 5th or Jan 6th.

Views: 1333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sure if he needs them they are available.... But so far, one flat between both cars is pretty awesome.

His comments about the tires is also a testament to how good the Toyos are.

I beleive that once you take the tires off you cant put old ones back on. You also cant change the style of Toyo tire you run.It must remain the same spec the entire rally.

The problem could be with the ship itself possiblly a bad record and other cargo.

Here is another quote from Nasser Al-Attiyah:

"For our car it was very difficult because it was a very technical stage and we hadn't been really fast. We lost one place, but then we managed to win it back again. But the car is ok, everything is good. We started first and finished first, but it was a good job today because it's a very long rally. The car actually wasn't that good on the technical parts, but when it's open land, it's really good and more comfortable. I must get to know just how big our car is, to know when we can push and when we can go easy. Today we felt the very high altitude, there was no big power, but I'm happy to finish the stage without any problems."

This late cargo thing could be a big blessing in disquise, making them both a little more conservative to stay in the hunt. VW is not here. I honestly don't think they will have to take that many chances to beat the minis.

x2

I am wondering if they had time for a Qatar rap on the support rig....I guess we shall see soon enough. Another great day for RGM/RGOR

I've followed the Dakar from it's humble beginnings. And trust me reading about a race a month later in a magazine used to be the normal thing to do, and time pulsed along at a comfortable rate, leaving you breath to take it all in. I love this at a moments notice ............stuff.............and having what was said on the same day rocks don't get wrong ,but

I would like to see a well put together in house production about this rally sometime down the road, when the dust settles and the memories are getting fuzzy, fading away leaving only the few that some how are chosen and frozen in our minds.
You know if the footage is being recorded and available I'll buy the first one.

very smart strategy from the speed team i have a good feeling about this keep it up keep it up

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service