Quotes from Stage 11 of the 2012 Dakar Rally

Robby Gordon - Finished 25th

"We lost a CV joint boot and when we finished the first special we tried to change it. It took us too long to change and we missed the transfer section. At the end it was very bad and the silt is all inside the clutch, so we've lost the clutch and a wheel fell off… We've just had a bad day – we had a horrible day. The only way we'll win is if the other guys have problems, but I'm pretty sure De Villiers got past us too. But, you know, that's the Dakar. You fight, fight, fight and hopefully it doesn't get you, but today it just got us, for no reason. A 1 dollar part, a hose clamp broke. That put is in a position to miss everything else, so it was a bad day for us, but we'll just keep fighting until the end. We won't give up. You never know what will happen, so we'll ride to Lima."

Views: 4071

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@ Mike Kenyon.....still have respect for 9 time.....

NASSER THE FUCKING STAGE RG! get plenty of rest stay in the zone!

Sorry if I missed this posted already in one of these threads but what caused the H3 to convert into an H3T between when he made the repair & when he crossed the finish line?

Didn't get it latched right? Rough Roads? Broke? Removed on purpose to lighten the load?

RG has been restrained and classy despite all the bad luck as well as distractions ( Nasser). Trash talking may make the talker feel good but a lot of indivduals are reading this site and might get the impression we as fans aren't quite as cool as Robbie.

Just seeing 1 of the Minis stopping to help fix the steering rack of the other reminded me of RG stopping the VW and transferring his rack to Jutta Kleindschmidt- thereby propelling her to victory at his expense. However, RGs role was that of Domestique ( water and parts carrier for team leader). That's how the Euros do it- just watch the Tour de France. Don't blame the Minis for their success and Robby's letdowns. Their support system is unbelievable. Robby has done an incredible job in all facets of the Dakar- he deserves another stage win or 2 but doesn't have to knock someone into a ditch to do it- just outdrive 'em -as he can always do/

ROBBY - Thanks for fighting to the end. Never give up. I'm with you all the way keeping fingers crossed!
Around noon in Germany - can't wait.....

i just keep noticing how calm he seems. yeah he;s been pissed off and on by peterhansel, but he remains collected. reasons like that are why he always continues to serve as a showman of whatever he drives.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service