Quotes from Stage 11 of the 2012 Dakar Rally

Robby Gordon - Finished 25th

"We lost a CV joint boot and when we finished the first special we tried to change it. It took us too long to change and we missed the transfer section. At the end it was very bad and the silt is all inside the clutch, so we've lost the clutch and a wheel fell off… We've just had a bad day – we had a horrible day. The only way we'll win is if the other guys have problems, but I'm pretty sure De Villiers got past us too. But, you know, that's the Dakar. You fight, fight, fight and hopefully it doesn't get you, but today it just got us, for no reason. A 1 dollar part, a hose clamp broke. That put is in a position to miss everything else, so it was a bad day for us, but we'll just keep fighting until the end. We won't give up. You never know what will happen, so we'll ride to Lima."

Views: 4071

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for fighting to the end. We don't give up. I'm with you all the way. I speak for a lot of fans !! SPEED ENERGY

You know what , normally I have alot of tact but in this case I can make an exception. Pussyhansel is a crybaby , Robby never ever gives up. I hope he runs that mini off the road! Monster go sponser a real man!

need to make sure that team speed crew uses always new clamps everytime a 1 dollar parts fucked up a millions dollars effort whats the point of having two trucks with a buttload of parts when they are reusing the old shit cause they got that attitude of if it ain't broke don't fix it. CV service daily from now on cmon its only 2 wheels and check it out every morning that RG leaves to race. i understand crew is tired and all but cmon son! Nassa kept RG from the podium finishing and also kept the crew tired of rebuilding hummer 2 thats all gone FOCUS FOCUS I dont care if you guys dont make a video tonight work on that hummer good !

Can't believe the CVs aren't serviced nightly, in any racing form that uses them, they are removed, cleaned, examined, greased, etc after each race, normal maintenance.
Pretty sure any rock being thrown could knock a $1 part off unfortunately.

I don't know which thread to write my thoughts on, but after reading, watching videos and pic of the other Hummer being supposedly dismantled to prove a point, I am disgusted with this rally right now.

And put a bolt in what? (Robby said in vid)

Really enjoyed the highs for Robby during this rally, but having to hear he has to prove himself to these idiots (tech wise) is just nuts. It must really mean something to him or he wouldn't be open to this.

The quote about "put a bolt in it"refers to simply disconnecting the vacuum line (used to facilitate tie deflation) and plugging it with a bolt. That would disable the fast deflation aspect of the system, while plugging and preventing an intake manifold vacuum leak.

Nightly highlights show gave more of the interview that included the faster deflation part, thanks.

Ivan it was replaced. They tore up the front right of the car. They took everything off the front right and replaced it with all new stuff.

Sometimes things simply break. He probably tore up the boot when catching some grass during those crazy jumps, next year he'll try to put a shield around it to make sure it's protected a little better.

These guys are professionals though, and will make sure their job is done to the best of their abilities.

GUYS GO TO THE FREAKING MINI X RAID PAGE AND ATTACK THEM. IM TIRED OF ALL THE CRAP THEY KEEP DOING AGAINST EVERYONE, FIRST THE ITALIAN MOTORCYCLE RIDER AND NOW TALKING CRAP ABOUT ROBBY AND HIS CAR. HERE IS THEIR LINK. http://www.facebook.com/Xraid.Team?sk=wall DO IT FOR ROBBY AND AMERICA.

Rather than crap on their link, it might do well to remind them that the US is still the world's single largest automotive market. The point of the whole exercise is to sell product.

Well, this is the Robby Gordon "quote" thread so that is where I'll stay, no matter the subject of that statement I'll only point out that Rob always has a great attitude focused on the competition and the effort put fourth in it. I don't believe for one moment Robby Gordon has any respect for anything other than an attitude that reflects his. I'm not bashing "ANY" of you guys, I'm just sayin' keep your chins up because there is no way to dilute the pain of having misfortune twist your friggen neck like it does from time to time. If you have not tried it yet and you are still pissed off go punch a tree...........they love it.

If you do post, as I did, make sure you are cordial in your posting. Screaming about the situation will be ignored and probably removed. I went with my disappointment with Peter as a spokesman for Monster. :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service