Quotes from Stage 11 of the 2012 Dakar Rally

Robby Gordon - Finished 25th

"We lost a CV joint boot and when we finished the first special we tried to change it. It took us too long to change and we missed the transfer section. At the end it was very bad and the silt is all inside the clutch, so we've lost the clutch and a wheel fell off… We've just had a bad day – we had a horrible day. The only way we'll win is if the other guys have problems, but I'm pretty sure De Villiers got past us too. But, you know, that's the Dakar. You fight, fight, fight and hopefully it doesn't get you, but today it just got us, for no reason. A 1 dollar part, a hose clamp broke. That put is in a position to miss everything else, so it was a bad day for us, but we'll just keep fighting until the end. We won't give up. You never know what will happen, so we'll ride to Lima."

Views: 4071

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

keep fighting, robby, its not over yet, you could still be up there, dont give up, please try and put a wedge between those non british minis, ( i think there is a bit of a french conspiracy going on this year ?)

forzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I think he should wreck PH

PH & Roma new POS.
As stated before in this thread they have now shown themselves to be little people in little cars. To use the language they used and the insinuation they threw out in public, without waiting for due process, shows what kind of character they have.
A nine time champ should know better.....I've lost a lot of respect for the guy. His actions over the last few days and his recent words demonstrate just how desperate he has become......
Hoping for a massive stage win by RG & JC tomorrow.

I hope Peter has a Share mel shiek stage tomorrow when he wrecked the mitsu on the second last day when he was leading. I rather have Nani win. I hope depres too bites it. This way there will be 2 spanish winner of the dakar and French sit an cry about losing it so close to the finish

Nah, winning a stage is the way to do it.

Robby stands for privateers with amazing talent and fortitude, and "the great American off-road racing tradition" - what ever that is. Just had to say it.

But seriously, Robby needs to remain a sportsman about it and simply win - or fight to win - as he has obviously been doing.

If Robby is ruled as a cheater - which there is no way - he can show them wrong with a short video explaining the parts and function of the inflation system. The problem is that by this point three weeks from now, all eyes will be off the Dakar.

Okay..., so maybe a little NASCAR bump to PH.

if it was just the cv boot they could finish the stage without it , must been something else

no they cant if the cv fills with fesh fesh and takes out the bearings

exactly, per Johhny at the 5:08ish mark
http://www.planetrobby.com/video/stage-11-recap

We won't give up.

And we will never give up supporting our driver. Keep on truckin.

No sh#t RG is faster: LS7 vs. Mini turbo diesel!

Aren't the minis on the BMW chassis,.... Or at least the latest version of the BMWs from previous years

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service