Quotes from Stage 10 of the 2012 Dakar Rally

Robby Gordon - Finished 4th

" I hit a rock with both right-side tires and as you can see this wheel is way out, so we've got some broken parts. Do I think I can win again? Of course. I was passing him [Peterhansel], he didn't move over and I clobbered a rock and got two flat tyres at the same time. So, we've got our work cut out for us. We've got a damaged race car that we're going to have work on and there's a lot of damage from what I can see. Now we'll push, push, push even harder."

"About 30km from the finish, I was right on Peterhansel's tail and we were hitting the sentinel telling him we were there. After multiple times he wouldn't move over. We both missed a way point, and I tried my hardest to get around him. When I got in his dust, we had a big crash. Should have rolled the thing, but it blew the rear wheel off the truck as well as hurt the A-arm and transmission. Being down nearly 20 minutes is a lot, but we won't let that stop us. We'll work through the night to get the car ready for tomorrow. Anything can happen...they can have a bad day too." Gordon commented after moving to third in the overall standings.

Views: 4245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

not Andy, we need someone with experience racing without multi pre running,. MMiller.

Oscar, please get off the Andy bandwagon! Yeah, we all know the kid can wheel. But Nasser is a wheelman, and drove the piss out of the truck, just as Andy would, and just as BJ did. Dakar is a whole new mind setIts a big picture survival and team effort. We cant have two RG's like we did this year. I would like to see the German guy who just went to the new BMW TT for the baja 1000 from his super clean class 1 car. His name escapes me. He is a great driver,and knows how to conserve and has rally experience. We need people who understand the true DAKAR meaning. Now if we had a team of cars where two cars were primary and the others were watercarriers, then i would pick Andy as one of my choices, but we only have two cars. Nasser bailed on us and the team. And for that, he lost any respect from me. But man the dude can wheel.

He may be able to wheel but he is no longer in the race. Robby would be winning with out his "wheeling"
Win the battle lose the war. Karma has a way.... Nasser will find himself short. If Andy had the bucks he would be there.

Fking Frogs......I hope Robby puts the bumper to Peterhansel in Stage 11......

Remember Nasser came with Qatar money, Robby brought home some of our oil $ as well as some of $Billions we pay Qatar for having military bases there. Hopefully they paid up front.

left handed shake, not a good sign in Qatar.

So let me get this straight. Robby has a tube of air that's supposed to go to adjust his tire pressure and the tube was found in the air intake for the engine, thus boosting performance? right??

Sounds like something like that. In an earlier stage Robby said something about "having to idle the engine for 2 minutes" to pump a tire up. Not exactly sure how you pump a tire with engine vacuum, but there does seem to be some kind of engine-tire pressure connection. and one that Robby said has been used for years.

i pretty sure that their is a compressor in the hummer that inflates and deflates the tires on command when robby said that he had accidentally hit the deflate switch which drained all the air out of the tires and since the pump most likely runs off electricity for it to work he needs to idle the engine just like a semi idles at truck stops to keep all their power on so when he said he was idling he was just doing that to use the compressor.

Thats what they are trying to say.
As we all know anyone can run down to autozone pick up a tire pump. Poke a hole in the intake track and plug the pump into the 12 volt outlet and tada you double your hp.

From a French site. "He doubled the power authorized with figures ranging between 600 and 700 horses. Practical but prohibited!"

Do we know if they even tested it? Find a local dyno after we win and prove these pricks wrong!

I'm going to NAPA and asking Michael Waltrip if that will work.

Time for dust vision! Drive smart Robby!!

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service