Quotes from Stage 10 of the 2012 Dakar Rally

Robby Gordon - Finished 4th

" I hit a rock with both right-side tires and as you can see this wheel is way out, so we've got some broken parts. Do I think I can win again? Of course. I was passing him [Peterhansel], he didn't move over and I clobbered a rock and got two flat tyres at the same time. So, we've got our work cut out for us. We've got a damaged race car that we're going to have work on and there's a lot of damage from what I can see. Now we'll push, push, push even harder."

"About 30km from the finish, I was right on Peterhansel's tail and we were hitting the sentinel telling him we were there. After multiple times he wouldn't move over. We both missed a way point, and I tried my hardest to get around him. When I got in his dust, we had a big crash. Should have rolled the thing, but it blew the rear wheel off the truck as well as hurt the A-arm and transmission. Being down nearly 20 minutes is a lot, but we won't let that stop us. We'll work through the night to get the car ready for tomorrow. Anything can happen...they can have a bad day too." Gordon commented after moving to third in the overall standings.

Views: 4245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the reason there probably thinking robby is cheating is this year he is actual keeping pace with the top cars unlike last year were he was behind. but if ever one noticed the course changed from a rally stages last year to dune running. the hummer is a class 1 buggy all underneath those buggies are developed for running in the terrain of the current Dakar course this year soft sand and large dunes all at a high rate of speed, and the hummer is tested in baja before the dakar which has similar terrain as this years Dakar if you watch some of the news vids you will see the mini's slow down and bog down in the sand while robby can still keep his speed up but in the tighter sections the mini's have an advantage there over the hummer because of the size difference and the 4 wheel drive helps them. i don't think robby would cheat he wouldn't gain anything and using a tire compressor to make hp isn't realy effective it would do nothing probably and it wouldn't be make 600 to 700 hp as of now the motor in it now probably doesn't make much more than 400hp if not less so unless robby stuck a trophy truck engine in the back of the hummer i don't think he is cheating just that finally the hummer has an advatage over the 4 wheel drivers on many more stages now ....didnt the french do the same thing to armstrong

Parlay vous a Hummer Hummer? We seen what happened when the French pissed off Lance Armstrong. Every second counts!! Gas on RobbyG!!!

Just because RGM has done their homework and figured out how to make some serious reliable HP with this bad ass LS engine they think sonething is up.

Those lame tech dudes just don't know the real potential of the GM LS engine and think cheating is the only way. They are suckers and can't Comprehend a REAL ENGINE.....even if its restricted.

Translated that from french.

"Indeed, it is the French Federation of Motor Sport (FFSA), within two months, which will make the final decision itself again subject to appeal by the competitor before the FIA (Federation Internationale de the car)."

Seems even if RG is disqualified, he may keep the title for a couple of months.
However the FIA is well known to slam anybody that appeals. So, if RG appeals again after the decision of the FFSA, my guess is that the FIA will be prompt to confirm the FFSA decision.
Also big money BMW will try to speed things up. Because if the appeals are rejected 2 months after the end of the race, and MINI is made winner, nobody would notice or care.

We all know Robby won't give back the trophy

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service