Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2012 Bristol #1 cup race. Robby Gordon will attempt to qualify the #7 SPEED Energy Dodge into the field. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Tennessee track. UPDATE: Robby Gordon had to withdraw after the McClaren techs couldnt diagnose the problem with the EFI/ECU shorting out. Car would not start.

FRIDAY , MARCH 16th

Practice 12:00pm - 1:30 pm/et ( TV - SPEED )
Qualifying 3:30pm - 4:30 pm/et ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , MARCH 17th

Practice   9:30am/et - 10:25am/et ( TV - SPEED )
Happy Hour 12:00pm/et - 1:00pm/et (TV -SPEED )

SUNDAY , MARCH 18th

Raceday 1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:15 pm/et ( TV - FOX )

TOP F.A.Q

1. Back In Black Scheme? YES
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy
3. Crew Chief ? Miles Stanley
4. Full Race? NO
5. Souvenir Hauler ? NO

LIVE GARAGE CAM

Views: 19924

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

+1

Slider7, not sure what your talking about. "pretty much the same 12-15 drivers every race" . Look at some of the guys that won races last year, Regan Smith, Paul Menard, David Ragan. F1 only talks about 4 guys. I remember back in the 80's and 90's when the same 3 guys won very week(Jeff Gordon winning 12 races in a season). That doesn't happen anymore.
Also, I paid $25.00 for a ticket (top row) in turn 3 at Michigan. I think that's pretty cheap.
I do agree with you on the Nascar-only sponsors and making it more affordable to all teams.

not talking about results...talking about exposure

If you run good, you'll get exposure. It's pretty hard to compare exposure from 4 years ago, pretty subjective.

my point is that its the same cookie cutter coverage, covering the same cookie cutter race tracks, driven by cookie cutter drivers. Not much room for personalilities, on or off the track. when your best "personality" story is a guy who tweeted during the 500, Nascar got real problems.

Running good doesn’t even guarantee you TV time, I watched the post race show fafter Bristol and missed seeing points leader Greg Biffle get interviewed. Did I just miss it, or did they not interview him?

Used to be Nascar coverage included the 'little guy'. That's what perked the fan's interest the most, and that's where the best stories are. The current coverage sucks, so people have quit watching. Doesn't matter if the racing sucks or not, if the coverage sucks.

Did you see the amount of empty seats at Bristol this weekend....this used to be the venue to go to... very reflective of where the sport is at, and how the economy is taking part.

I don't think the amount of coverage provided to the 'little guy" has changed as much as most people think. We notice it more, because our guy is one of them now. Go back and look at the results through the years and there are all kinds of names most people wouldn't recognize, that weren't getting coverage back then. Watch the races on ESPN classic. It's a lot more noticeable when it's your guy not getting the pub.

Thank you................ DVR

Amen

But is hearing about Rick Mast interesting to me today? Just say'n

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service