Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Talladega #2 cup race. Robby Gordon will attempt to qualify  & IT IS a full race. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Alabama track.

FRIDAY , OCTOBER 21st

Practice              2:30pm - 3:15 pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Happy Hour         4:00pm - 5:00 pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , OCTOBER 22nd

Qualifying            12:00pm/et - 2:30pm/et ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , OCTOBER 23rd

Raceday           2:00 pm/et , greenflag at 2:15 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

TOP F.A.Q

1. Full race ?   YES
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy/MENARDS/MAPEI
3. Crew Chief ? Miles Stanley
4. Must Qualify On Time ? YES
5. Souvenir Hauler ? YES 

Views: 17113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On the way to the airport now,
While NASCAR races are ok and can be fun to watch, and seem like a grown mans soap opera sometimes,
I like watching soooooooo, much more when RG is running a full race.

Ok, just buzzed and thinking out loud
agreed!
Since this is an impound race.......What would be the changes if it were not let's list them HHHMMM
Springs.......shocks........lighter rotors and such........I mean if you are a start and park you could roll out a "trimmed out car" or something........ tape it up and rip off a wicked lap and then be in the race with a car not fit to race right? Insight any members of the team?
There is a difference between a race that is an "impound" and a race that simply has qualifying last I believe so some teams can really get an advantage having lighter parts turning and putting the weight back into the car with ballast. I mean did I turn back into a rookie with no clue cause I have not been watching races fully for awhile???????????????????
Exactly. Ultralight oils, rotors. I think one year a team actually left some engine belts off and pulled in on the first lap and put them back on. Advantage S&Per's.
To be honest, after Sunday, I really thought I'm done, I'm out. But now I can't help it, I'm looking forward to Talladega. Good luck Robby!
There's always light at the end of the tunnel! RGM always has 120% support from me!
Penske power?
Expect to see the Go or Go Homer's near the bottom of the speed charts. They likely will be trying to make as many single car laps as possible. The other drivers will be trying out the 2-car tango packages and producing very fast speeds. So if you see RG near the bottom don't panic.
As long as all of the other GOGH's are at the bottom as well I don't think there will be much to complain about. But if the 7 isn't on the speed chart after the 1st half-hour has passed, that's when everyone will hit the panic button.
and they shouldn't "panic" ....
we have leaned not to panic

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service