Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Talladega #1 cup race. Robby Gordon will drive the #7 FAST FIVE / SPEED Energy Dodge. Robby had a great run in the 2011 Daytona plate race. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Alabama track.

FRIDAY , APRIL 15th

Practice              2:00pm - 2:40pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice 2           3:30pm - 4:30pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , APRIL 16th

Qualifying            11:30pm - 2:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , APRIL 17th

Raceday              1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:19 pm/et  ( TV - FOX )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Talladega Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                YES
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Fast Five/SPEED Energy
                                                                            4) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Ran At Daytona
                                                                            5) Will the new number be used?
                                                                                Yes.

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So is Talladega as smooth as Daytona? Bumps in the corners? How will this effect the two car drafts? Or will it be exactley like Daytona.
Pretty much exactly like Daytona now except the start/finish is past the pit exit.
Is this Robby!!!!!

Modified truck to jump 300 feet at Indy 500

Mystery driver will attempt world-record leap across Indianapolis Motor Speedway

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/record-jump-indy-500-2011-04-14?...
Also Robby car is on the Cover of Nascar.com right now.
ya Beagle, it isn't out of the question, thanks for clarifying that. THey need to get better, but with speed energy doing well, maybe they can get a second car and share info. I am still staying optimistic altough it's tough, but a lot of the times success is right around the corner.
If they get a second car...it probably won't be a Speed Energy sponsored machine. Already been said that Robby is not in the business of funding other drivers careers........

But more money will surely help ALL of Robby's programs.........
hell don't blame him. I feel the same way about my taxes paying for others = )

ROLL ON RACETRUCKER... haul ass
For the long term future of SPEED Energy RG and company need to get that "I'm not in the business of funding other racers" out of their minds. SPEED will not grow like Monster, Rockstar and Red Bull if they dont look outside the RG off-road and NASCAR stuff. Sorry to say it, but it is true.

The largest percentage of Energy drinkers are males under the age of 35 and these are the people who watch extreme action sports like Supercross, freestyle, snow boarding, ect.. and are into the X game type of events. If Speed Energy does not branch out into those markets then they will not become as successful as the big energy brands we are seeing today. At the last Monster Energy AMA Supercross event here in San Diego I would guess more then 60% of the people there had some sort of drink branding on their clothing or hats. I would bet a huge chunk of the energy drink profits are apparel related and have nothing to do with selling drinks.

Go look on these other brands websites and see who and what they sponsor. I understand Speed Energy is new and it takes time, but I also understand this market is flooded and you need to stand out and make a following if you want to compete and make it. (BTW SPEED Energy has made leaps and bounds in getting into retail stores as quickly has they have) But the big brands are not spending huge dollars on sponsorships and promoting because they need the write offs.
Really Kevin Conway and Extenze didn't see it that way
3 CAR TEAMS ARE NOT ALWAYS UP FRONT SOMETIMES NOT IN THE TOP 35.OUCH THAT'S GOT TO HURT.
ha ha ya good point there. ouch. They won't be in the business long if they keep finishin terrible. As long as Robby keeps racin or owns a car that keeps racin I'm happy
SPEED ENERGY has to be doing better than expected...lots of 2012 talk from RG latley in interviews. That's alot different than "Doesn't make sense for us" talk and scaling back talk.

Looks like the goal is to get tons of SPEED on the shelves, get by and then have a solid program that can really race. Robby is one heck of a businessman. I wonder how many drivers laughed at the idea of his own energy drink last year at Dega. Now it's being tied in with Fast Five movie...just imagine if RG wins Dega!

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service