Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Talladega #1 cup race. Robby Gordon will drive the #7 FAST FIVE / SPEED Energy Dodge. Robby had a great run in the 2011 Daytona plate race. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Alabama track.

FRIDAY , APRIL 15th

Practice              2:00pm - 2:40pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice 2           3:30pm - 4:30pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , APRIL 16th

Qualifying            11:30pm - 2:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , APRIL 17th

Raceday              1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:19 pm/et  ( TV - FOX )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Talladega Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                YES
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Fast Five/SPEED Energy
                                                                            4) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Ran At Daytona
                                                                            5) Will the new number be used?
                                                                                Yes.

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just saw Video posted by @SPEEDENERGY, car back at the shop. To me it looks pretty good for the miles it just ran. I wounder if that is the cleanest is ever come back from Taladega....?
Based on the race I watched, the scanner portions I was relayed and the speeds they were posting in comparison to other cars Robby was a top 10 car for sure.

When Robby was pushing the the 13 they we're one of, if not, the fastest combinations on the track. IMO, and Scott B may disagree with this, them staying together was the correct call. I think the mistake was made switching positions. With about 10 to go RG was pushing Mears and they were flying through the field. And I mean FLYING!! They were 1.5 seconds/lap faster than the leaders. They did crack the top 10 at one point even. But, all this drafting caused RG to overheat.

Whether it was concerns about a wreck or the overheating, I don't know. But the duo decided to switch and consequently were about 5mph slower with Mears pushing. IMO RG should have stayed behind Mears and given the nose air all the way around for a few laps. Then with 3 to go, duck behind Mears and run it til the checker or til the engine blows.

That being said-this is an outsiders view. The team has information that WE don't have and fans critical of the team should keep those opinions to themselves. As anybody on race chat can attest I was saying all those same things above during the race, but they made those decisions and the race worked out fine for them.

Like I said above, I think leaving the 13 would have been a mistake.
1st-Making friends in NASCAR is a good thing. RG doesn't have a drafting partner and it would be nice to get a fast friend.
2nd-I heard he will be faster with the 22. In all reality, we have idea if this is the case. The 22/7 combo may have been faster, but we have no idea. And why risk it? If you leave the 13 and the 22 is slower its likely you'll be stuck with the 22 for the rest of the race as the 13 will go find another dancing partner.
3rd-The 13 is slow/underpowered. This one made me angry. Nobody has any idea how fast the 13 car is or how much power they are putting down. What we know is the 13-7 combo was way faster than the 7-13 combo. Maybe the 7's aero sucked maybe the 13 was underpowered. Who knows? I'm glad the 13 and 7 stayed together.

Overall it was a decent race for the team. Glad to see another race car in one piece. I'll continue to watch and support the team and the decisions they make.
It was reported with much integrity that a slower in front was a faster combination even guys just buffing the break pads to keep contact. If that held true this weekend or not I don't know I missed all of the practice shows and what not. We did okay but i'm a guy who catches a 10 pound steelhead and stands there saying she should have been 12. On to hockey for awhile GO SABRES
I would estimate RG was a lap down for about 25 laps. Not a big deal. 13 worked like a teammate.

Mikey almost wrecked big time. If not for great driving by JJ, mikey would have taken out quite a few of the Top finishers. Near about the 3/4 mark Somebody was trying to push mikey and got him loose. Mikey moved up about three lanes and if it wern't for JJ moving up a lane it would have been a big one.

Also, big bummer for Blaney. But, how much did Golden Corral pay Fox/DW/Nascar? DW would not shut up about Golden Corral.
There was probably a lot of free food involved..... those guys look like they like to eat. =)
RG fans should send $$$$ to DW so he has verbal Diarrhea !!! with Speed Energy . LoL !!!
I wouldn't have minded seeing the Golden Corral in victory lane.
They didn't say anything the first time or two that Blaney was up front, but they did start talking once Blaney became a consistent factor at the front of the field. It pays to be up front...
bingo...
I love steelhead. Best. Fish. Ever. On the grill!
I may be wrong but I think when RG & Casey came blazin thru the field (running 3 of the fastest laps) Robby was tucked right under Casey. I think he even said "240" once for the temp and was getting hot.

During that run Michael Waltrip was like a moving road block. He kept trying to stay in front of RG & Casey making them check up several times.

Everything I heard on the scanner they really believed a caution would happen those last few laps...it just never happened. In the stands I kept thinking the wreck was coming and RG & Casey would be in perfect position...just never happened...
Has anyone considered that Robby was lucky to have a drafting partner all day for the mear fact that he wasn't even there for a single practice

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service