Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Talladega #1 cup race. Robby Gordon will drive the #7 FAST FIVE / SPEED Energy Dodge. Robby had a great run in the 2011 Daytona plate race. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Alabama track.

FRIDAY , APRIL 15th

Practice              2:00pm - 2:40pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice 2           3:30pm - 4:30pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , APRIL 16th

Qualifying            11:30pm - 2:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , APRIL 17th

Raceday              1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:19 pm/et  ( TV - FOX )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Talladega Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                YES
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Fast Five/SPEED Energy
                                                                            4) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Ran At Daytona
                                                                            5) Will the new number be used?
                                                                                Yes.

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't bogart that joint, my friend....
when in doubt...puff puff pass.........
Question for those of you that did not have a daughter playing softball Sunday afternoon:

What really happened yesterday?

A. 7 and 13 were just not strong enough to get to the front and finished 20th
B. The cars had the potential but the plan was to sit back and wait for a late race caution that never came
C. Robby just didn't have it today and simply stayed out of trouble
D. Robby needs a make-over to get a better dance partner and had to settle for the only girl that would dance with him.

Being a father of three has added 10 strokes to my golf game and taken away my ability to simply sit down and enjoy a race. I envy many of your.
I only saw the last 30 laps, so my opinion was what RG did was right and I stand by it. The cautions I saw were away from him and no chance in him getting involved (nothing the teams needs right now). It looked like Casey and RG had the cars as they moved into the top pack with about 6-7 to go, then Blaney was wrecked by the 22 (I guess he did it 3 times yesterday) so RG and Casey backed off, losing the top pack. The 1-2 laps they were in the lead pack, they looked stout, but didn't move any farther after that wreck. The 13 could not push RG for shit, but RG could push him and maintain their deficit. Just my opinion, good finish (after starting 42nd), clean car and off to Richmond.
I was there and listened to the scanner the whole race.

Here's some info that might help you:
1. Casey & Robby had great communication all day and not only worked together but stuck with each other. After they went a lap down, they were able to stay up front and a caution came out giving Casey the "Lucky Dog". At that time, during that caution a few cars were damaged, so Casey easily could have found a new dance partner that was on the lead lap. Instead Casey radioed to Robby and said, "Hey! I'll drop to the back and we'll get you the Luck Dog." Robby wanted to stay out and wave around, but Miles, Patrick & Casey Mears convinced Robby they could get the Lucky Dog. When they went green Casey & Robby hooked up and got Robby the Lucky Dog.
2. Near the end Robby & Casey together ran 3 of the fastest laps (so they were strong enough Casey & Robby typically have decent plate finishes), Robby & Casey discussed making a charge with about 15 to go, when the front got crowded with about 5 to go they backed off a little. Robby even said "I'm telling you there's gonna be another caution" Patrick kept letting them know when they had room behind them to back off if the caution came out. As a fan in the stands watching it seemed like it was just a matter of when the wreck was going to happen. But it never happened. RG & Casey made a charge with the white flag and Casey pushed Robby as they were racing Lally & McMurray. Lally got across the line ahead, but Robby was ahead of McMurray.

It's like Robby has said many times, "At Sonoma when we fuel race, they win flat out on speed. When we run flat out, we get beat by fuel strategy." Yesterday I would say, "They expected a caution that would have put them in a fantastic position, but it never came out. Had they charged the caution might have been them." So safe race, learned alot and should have atleast 1 freind now when he gets to Daytona."

So the girl was pretty and wanting to dance, maybe the guy was a little shy yesterday!

Side note - listening to Chad Knaus after the race, he said they applied wax on the bumpers on the 48 & 88 team every stop so the bumpers could slide around and not stick. (Look at the 22 of Kurt, he spun out 3 drivers yesterday while pushing). Chad talked about how they learn something new everytime they hit the track with this style of racing. They worked on the coolant, now bumpers and he mentioned he had some good notes of some things learned yesterday they could apply at Daytona.
That's way I love being a part of this community. The information and insight is far more than I can find on any other website. Thanks Zoom!

One note for those like me that listened into MRN (or PRN I really don't know who covered the race) it was confusing when they kept calling out Max Papis... No love for Casey.
This is the kind of information you can only get if you are at the race. The networks did everything in their power not to show the 7 car. The picture on the main page was maybe the third shot of Robby all day long. It is really getting disheartening..... Looking forward to the Road races when he is at the front. They almost have to talk about him.....
Run up front = get shown on TV. Pretty simple. It's not an evil plot against RG. I understand why he raced the way he did, just wish it was a little closer to the front. Oh well, the car is in one piece.
i watched the whole race green flag to checker and i did not see the 7 once during the whole broadcast am i wrong here??
No, you are right on. I also watched the whole race (looking for Robby) and the only time I saw him was coming in with mear's for a green flag pit stop, other than that I did not see him the entire race. My take is he had a slow car or mears and him just were not fast together, But I will still take a top 20 finish but also kinda bummed cause he usually has a faster car at dega and daytona..
I will say when the 7 was pushing directly behind the 13 and were full throttle...they were as fast as any two cars out there..

The trick to this 2 car thing is to be within the reach of the front pack with 3 to go and be in that optimal configuration to go "balls out" and not worry about over heating it..
bingo

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service