Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Talladega #1 cup race. Robby Gordon will drive the #7 FAST FIVE / SPEED Energy Dodge. Robby had a great run in the 2011 Daytona plate race. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Alabama track.

FRIDAY , APRIL 15th

Practice              2:00pm - 2:40pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice 2           3:30pm - 4:30pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , APRIL 16th

Qualifying            11:30pm - 2:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , APRIL 17th

Raceday              1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:19 pm/et  ( TV - FOX )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Talladega Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                YES
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Fast Five/SPEED Energy
                                                                            4) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Ran At Daytona
                                                                            5) Will the new number be used?
                                                                                Yes.

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good teamwork today. Reasonable finish and taking home a clean car. What more can we ask for? We all would like a few wins but it is the struggling that keeps us as fans coming back. If I only wanted to see my driver win I would be a JJ fan, and that would be a boring life.
Not sure about the rest of you, but I'd love for Robby to win every race. So, I can bet my life that several wins wouldn't change my support. Am I the only crazy one??

Also, the struggling isn't why I'm here. I'm here for the agression. 10 years and counting as a fan. There's very few drivers that remind you of Dale Sr. and Robby is one of them!
Remember what about Bob? Ha ha. Baby Steps Bob, Baby steps. Miles is a smart dude, and he works hard, robby didn't throw out and f bomb. he could have easily stayed a lap down but didn't. think positive everyone.
good day. and just to clarify is Robby racing the 7 at Richmond?
On to Richmond!
Some interesting comments about RG on Casey's Facebook http://www.facebook.com/caseymearsracing
we had that many members complaining about Casey.They're Casey's fans what would you expect,they're supporting their driver.Some of his fans saw what really happen'd some are living a fairy tale.
I hate the two car draft racing now at plate tracks. RG had a great car today and although I was appreciative having Casey as a partner and respected him helping RG get back on the lead lap RG would have done much better under the old system as he had a stout car today. Of course provided he would have missed the big ones te were inevitable under the old pack racing. I think today he would have been able to get to the front at the end under the old pack system. It seems most drivers do not like the two car draft even though it was a great finish. My bet is nascrap comes up with a way to nix it before July.
Why would they...all 3 races at the rack were close and had guys from all levels of the sport money wise and talent wise from the front to the back....love it or hate it it was good for Daga and a good run points wise for Robby Gordon and the Speed Energy Team!!
RGM had a plan today (work with the 13) and be in position for a top 10 with 10 laps to go, maybe even a win.

They executed that plan perfectly.

Restrictor plate racing these days is all about timing, Robby tried his best to push the 13 but the engine got too hot and they had to switch. That is racing.

There could have easily been a 8-10 car pile up with 2 to go and they would have had a shot at the win.

Also, if the 36 and 22 would have gotten broken up a few laps earlier...who knows what the 7 and 22 could have done together?
Good solid run! Congrats to RGM and thanks to Casey for working so well. But... that racing really sucks, they should just put little trailer hitches on the cars and have them pull little teardrop trailers, at least it would be back to racing solo......
Dale JR. was caught with a bar magnet in his nose and Jimmy with an illegal gear. Jeff Gordon was accused by Mark Martin of dragging his brake as they came to the line. Clint Bowyer was heard to say that the nose wrap on jimmy Jays car was expandable IE. inflatable and that triggered the at the line win. Dave Blaney said he felt the steering wheel pull to the left as if it were being operated by remote control and he pondered calling Mayfield for advise on how to accuse NAZICAR of wrong doing. Robby Gordon worked with a single partner through out the race and avoided any costly issues other than an over heating problem at the very end and came home with a top 25 finish and an unscathed car at one of NAZICARS wildest tracks. Meanwhile Speed energy drink continues its surge into the market place and we head on to Richmond.

I wonder what the odds of a can or two of speed energy drink and a box of beef jerky being at the same postal station at the same time crisscrossing the country in opposite directions would be.
A slow news day.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service