Join in and discuss all the action for the 2011 SPEED Energy Desert Challenge in UTAH. Robby Gordon is running the SPEED Energy HUMMER. 

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 30th 

QUALIFYING 12:00pm - 3:30pm

LEAP  7:00pm - 8:00pm

SATURDAY OCTOBER 1st

TT RACE 1:00pm - 2:30pm

SUNDAY OCTOBER 2nd

TT RACE 1:00pm - 2:30pm

* All times Mountain Standard

Views: 10121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Nikal
OK, some good statements are said here....the truth is YES I did Volunteer for Score. the Score tech guyz got $100 per event....maybe. After 30 years with this organization I was told that "we are not needed"....OK, granted I was not in charged....but I back their Tech Director 100% (even to this day). In leaving Score I also took Big Red (25 years with Score), Donald Harper (4 years with Score), Christine Harper (4 years with Score)....all of which were trained by ARTS and very trusted by ARTS with the life of every driver and co-driver. ARTS was working for Snore and was paid for each event until disagreements with how to do "POST Inspection" many whiners started to cry when told to tear down......the "WINNERS" said no problem! As for doing inspection for "The smaller" organizations....last time I was told......both Record and More had more 5/1600's then one of the BIGGER race organizations for their 250 and their 500 miles event.

For The Robby Gordon Speed race.....I told Mi7 I would do their first race FREE of charge like I have done in the passed for each organization ARTS has worked for......so they can see what we can do and what they are getting. I (Art Savedra) have been doing this TECH stuff since 1972! Beginning with SCCA at Riverside International Raceway. Many history stories can be told......many dark side of racing have been seen.....they will stay in the box of memories.

With all said and done, Mi7 or at least Scott did try to do his best and make everything work....HE always returned my calls, e-mails and came by to check with us during the two days we were there. Every race organization has a problem at each beginning Mi7 is no different! They just needed more info before starting any race event.....their promoting this event was GREAT everyone in town knew about this event and those who could go were going WITH their families!

THAT'S what a race event is all about.....bringing the family out for a couple of days!

Remember when you started?.....even Robby came out with his Mom and Dad went Bob race!

I never ever post on this site.........due to ALL the whining from guyz who don't go and support a new venue and write after here say, "rumors stop here"......I would ask the 5/16 "SHOOT OUT" drivers to come out and race. The "SHOOT OUT" drivers are all professional drivers and would make a drive and enjoy a event on a great raceway like Miller in Utah! Oh yeah, with whining!

Art "The TECH DUDE" Savedra
Baldwin, Flores and Gordon
My wife and I are here at the race. Talked to RG as he loaded the truck on the trailer after Quals. He looked the fastest on the parts of the track I could see but, got beat by a few seconds by one of the buggies. Tech guy told me they had nineteen vehicles through tech at the time quals started. Another rig rolled into the pits as we were having this conversation. The quad race is, unfortunately, a bust. I talked to most of the few who were entered, silt was just too deep and was clogging air boxes in half a lap. Race format will be 5 timed laps. Track is 7 miles long. Rob said they had no choice but to go with this format as it would be impossible to see anything otherwise. I'll second that. DUSTY! Seeing that hummer go across the desert absolutely made my hair stand on end. He's just visibly more balls to the wall than all the others. Makes me wonder if he slowed down just a tick,he would win more often. Rob is just flat spectacular to watch. F'n badass. Very classy guy too. He saw me, a grown man standing there like a puppy dog and was kind enough to strike up a conversation with me and the wife. Thanks Robby, you made our trip and the race hasn't even started yet. By the way, we were able to access the pits freely all day. Drove right up and parked right next to the 6x6. We inspected it and the hummer thoroughly. Inside, under, engine bay of the hummer, you name it. Awesome, awesome piece of race machine. Got invited to race go-karts w/ all the drivers on Saturday night also. Gonna be rad. Wish all you planeteers were here. Gas on! Gas on!
Just wondering if they are running the Dakar rig in full Dakar Rally spec with the ISO air restrictor in place?
Why would they? Seriously, this is wide open racing.
To test an engine package in race conditions that might be an improvement over last yrs Dakar spec, beings he's running the dakar rig and not the wide open TT at Miller.
So Midnight in Utah Robby and KW still working....Trying to get the dust off
Well is it over and done?....
Sounds like it...... :(
KW with an "Epic Fail" tweet. What's that all about?
Drivers voted to cancel the race and are headed home.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service