Join in and discuss all the action for the 2011 SPEED Energy Desert Challenge in UTAH. Robby Gordon is running the SPEED Energy HUMMER. 

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 30th 

QUALIFYING 12:00pm - 3:30pm

LEAP  7:00pm - 8:00pm

SATURDAY OCTOBER 1st

TT RACE 1:00pm - 2:30pm

SUNDAY OCTOBER 2nd

TT RACE 1:00pm - 2:30pm

* All times Mountain Standard

Views: 10121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

TOG, that was exactly what came to mind after I read that!
Some page to see the race online??? please
Per RDC

So it sounds like they (the racers) are discussing how to do the race. May end up being "qualifying style" 2 cars on the course at a time roughly 5 minutes apart.

Latest picture of a few cars on the track prerunning.
Will the Utah event be a S & P for Robby?
I joked that first...
A few Speed Twitter updates.

Robby ran two practice laps around the 7 mile track at Miller Motorsports Park.

Dust bowl here in Utah. Another drivers meeting led by Robby Gordon to mix up the format and make the best of it.

Hummer going threw tech inspection.
Thats Red in the photo...that dude's been in a Tech line for decades, hes checked many of our racecars.
Thanks FD
Now hearing a total of 13 cars are entered.

Another update from RDC and one of the rescue crew working at the event;

Qualifying has been moved to 5pm with the leap at 7pm. There are water trucks, vendors, course workers, staff, fire rescue crews and very few spectators. One thing missing is more racers. Proud of those that took the chance. As with every new promoter I have had the pleasure to work with there are a few challenges and the promoters and racers are working together to continue to make this happen.

By the way they shortened up the crossover and so far, it has not been an issue. Some of the racers have taken the optional round about but a 7200 made it with several feet to spare.

There are some fast sections - the crossover jump- a Laughlin leap style cliff and a few G out areas. Some straight stretches and a few tight turns that they are marking better right now.
It's too bad that RGM partnered with what now appears to be the most disorganized/unprofessional promoter I've ever seen. People can say it's great publicity for SPEED, but if no one is there, then who cares? Sounds like this may become a "what not to do" lesson for other promoters, which will be unfortunate.
Nikal, thanks for taking the time to keep us up to speed....lol. I have been watching for info and you are the one. I thought you said you were doing Tech? Anyway Thanks
Nope I dont do tech. I believe your are thinking of a guy by the name of Big Red Tech Guy on here. Red works with Art and ART's Tech and Safety. They were hired by Mi7 for this event. ART's used to be tech for Score and a few years back was for Snore. I know they are still doing tech for a few smaller series too.

Well I'm heading out to go camping on the beach with the family, so I will see you all on Sunday night or Monday! Enjoy the weekend!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service