Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Richmond  #1 cup race. Robby Gordon will drive the #7 FAST FIVE / SPEED Energy Dodge. This weekend is also the movie premier & look forward to seeing those who are attending. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Virginia  track.

FRIDAY , APRIL 29th

Practice             12:00pm - 2:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice 2            2:45pm - 3:30pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

Qualifying             5:30pm - 7:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SATURDAY , APRIL 30th

Raceday              7:30 pm/et , greenflag at 7:43 pm/et  ( TV - FOX )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Richmond Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                YES
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Fast Five/SPEED Energy
                                                                            4) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Ran At Texas
                                                                            5) Will the car be at Darlington?
                                                                                Yes

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think blitz was comparing DW to Robby, that is impossible. What I really want to know is did you know all of that off the top of your head or did you just goggle DW and copy and paste? If you know the entire history of DW's career, I am impressed. He was one of my dad's fav's back when he was the man, but he doesn't know all of that info.
RG and patience in the same sentence? I didn't know you could do that. lol. It is just hard to see one of your favorite drivers do so crumby at a majority of the tracks, to wait around for 6 races.
Tim, I was big a DW fan when I was a kid just getting into NASCAR in the 80s so I remember the wins and the downturn when he just couldn't compete any longer as an owner/driver. Other details such as the Tim Beverley owned #35 car (I vaguely remember that stint) came from www.ultimateracinghistory.com I LOVE that website. It brings back some memories of past races like when Robby ran the 28 at Dega in 1993 after Davey's death. (I still remember when Robby was running 4th, went down on the apron in turn 3/4 and got too much air under the car). As well as Robby's podium finish at Long Beach in 1994 with Little Al and Nigel. That's pretty much when I was sold on Robby.

Yes, it does suck watching our favorite driver run in the back of the pack a lap or two down at most races. Once in a while we will get a surprise at Charlotte or Phoenix, but for the most part the solid runs come at those 6 races. Look at Robby's history and face the fact that we are cheering for the underdog and respect Robby as an owner and driver. Otherwise we would be on Jimmy Johnson or Kyle Busch fan sites.

Patience was directed toward the fans, not Robby. We all know he's not patient unless there are more than 10 laps to go at Daytona or Talladega.
I'll have to check that site out. I love seeing footage of the old NASCAR. I'm in So Cal and when I was a kid, my dad and I would go to both Riverside Raceway races each year, rain or shine. Got many a autograph from there. Good memories. Thanks for the tip.
I think I was at that LBGP race. I've only missed a few since 84.
ya can you delete that idiot. Shut up blitz.
And that brings this weeks Richmond race discussion to a close. The complaint department will be closed for further repairs as it has been over loaded with an over load of load that is quite a load......and needs to be unloaded.
Very good point!
DW didn't exactly fail at owning a cup team. One bad sponsor deal at the beginning of the 1998 season (Builder's Square/Speed Block) where the sponsor didn't live up to the terms of the agreement pretty much bankrupt the team. Sounds kind of familiar, doesn't it?

Besides that, DW owned & drove for his own team for 7+ seasons. During that period, his stats aren't exactly what I would consider "failing":

5 Wins
29 Top 5's
69 Top 10's
So hear's the deal you F***tards

Robby is running a team on a shoestring budget. He has success in some places, disappointments in many others. Most of this is due to what you already know $$$. He is developing a brand which may provide HUGE funds in the future if it continues as it has started. But that's the future. For now its survival. RG can choose to continue to use the resources he has or not run at all. Which would you prefer? If you wanna bitch you are welcome to do so, just take it somewhere else. We don't want to read your bitch fits about how this team could become better, b/c in all reality 99% of you don't have a clue why this race team operates as it does. All it takes is two wins to make the chase(in all probability)

If you would prefer RG sits out races he doesn't have a chance at, just don't turn on the race and tune back in during the tracks that Robby has historically done well at. The rest of us will still be hear, cheering for RG during all the ups and downs.
Bro just relax. People get so brave and things get interpreted so differently on these damn blogs. Are you the 1% that knows all? Fill us in. We are all just fans of RG and want him to do better, that's all. We will continue to cheer him on at Darlington, and the race after that, and the race after that. Everyone has accepted that Richmond was a BAD race and are looking forward to Darlington hoping for a better result. That's it, moving on.
I am not, just tired of all the bitching and "solutions" that overwhelm this board.
This site is WILD!!!!!!!!!, Some of these people on here are going crazy, or have to much free time on their hands. Let RG run his business and team the way he see fits, if it does well for him great, if it fails, thats his issue, not anyone here.
Before coil binding or bump stops.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service