Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Phoenix #2
cup race. Robby Gordon will attempt to qualify & IT IS a full
race ( last full race of the year ). Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Arizona track.

FRIDAY , NOVEMBER 11th

Practice               1:30pm - 3:30 pm/et   ( TV - ESPN2 )
Happy Hour          5:30pm - 7:30 pm/et   ( TV - ESPN2 )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , NOVEMBERBER 12th

Qualifying            1:30pm/et - 2:30pm/et ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , NOVEMBER 13th

Raceday           3:00 pm/et , greenflag at 3:16 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Charlotte, NC (November 11, 2011) – Robby Gordon will return to the wheel of the No. 7 SPEED Energy / MAPEI Dodge Charger R/T in the Kobalt Tools 500 this weekend at Phoenix International Raceway.  The one-mile track in the Arizona desert underwent a major repave following its NASCAR races in February, which included a track reconfiguration and the addition of progressive banking.  The significant changes leave teams with a lot of unknowns headed into the weekend that will challenge all NASCAR’s top competitors.

Robby’s Remarks – “I’m really looking forward to racing this weekend at Phoenix International Raceway and having MAPEI on board with us,” commented Robby Gordon.  “In the past, it has always been one of my favorite tracks, but it’s likely to be a much different circuit this weekend.  I haven’t personally been on the track yet, so I’m very excited to see what kind of racing the new surface will produce.  I have talked to several drivers that attended the open test a few weeks ago, and I’ve heard a lot of feedback from that session.  Everyone has said that it took a long time for rubber to build up on the track, so we don’t know if there will be one racing groove or two.  If the second groove doesn’t come in, track position will be the key to success in Sunday’s race.” 

Past Phoenix Performances – Since beginning his Sprint Cup Series career, Robby Gordon has recorded 18 starts at the 1-mile oval in Avondale, Ariz.  Over the years, Gordon has recorded more than 5,000 miles at Phoenix International Raceway, and has achieved two top-ten finishes.  Gordon recorded his best finish, seventh, during just his second trip to the Arizona desert. 

Weekend Appearances – Gordon will be at the Bashas’ track store on Saturday at 5 p.m. On Sunday, he will be at the SPEED Energy souvenir trailer at 9 a.m.

Baja 1000 – Following the race at Phoenix International Raceway, Gordon and his SPEED Energy / Toyo Tires team will travel to Ensenada, Mexico, to compete in the Baja 1000, one of the most prestigious off-road racing events of the year.  After taking the green flag on Friday morning, November 18, at 11:30 a.m. PST, Gordon will have exactly 32 hours to complete the event.  The 692.82-mile course loop, known for its unexpected challenges and pushing competitors to the edge, will send racers across the rugged terrain of the Baja Peninsula with the race both beginning and ending in Ensenada.

Views: 9241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Being that there is 4 hours of practice before qualifying, expect to see the #7 make a few race runs ( since they are running full race ) .

RG has run well here in the past. I hope the team gets it 'right' and puts a top ten on the board. They are due!

The NEW Phoenix track is not the same as we all once loved. It's new to everyone (except those who got to test)

Did Nascar ruin another track?

I have faith in Robby making the show.

@Mike, my boys have been out there laying down rubber all week on the new track!

cars or machine? thanks for trying to help the show.
@Tool, isn't this your gig?
http://www.drivepetty.com/race-tracks/phoenix-international-raceway

I did that for seven years. Met a ton of people, had some cool experiences. Trully a fun show.How many people can say they had the opportunity to drive Nascar style race cars on a race track together at the same time with ol' Five time himself, or Rusty Wallace, or Kurt Busch to name a few. Almost had the same opprtunity to do some driving stuff with our own RGM years ago at California Speeedway. Plus, I can say I was the first car under the lights at Phoenix before the Cups boys and girls had a chance? PM me for details.

Now that's awesome!

Kyle Bush in the number 2 RGM car? :) Start & Crash!

My photo headlines this week, YAAA ME !!!!!

(and yaa Mom, for giving me the pitpass for my birthday to take the picture)

yeah man....not many photos of the #7 when it didnt make the race last week.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service