Nationwide Series purses to be slashed: NASCAR will cut the purses for the Nationwide Series by 20% next season, a move designed to make hosting the second-tier series a more profitable proposition for race tracks. It's the second consecutive year the purse will be reduced in Nationwide. NASCAR also cut the purses in the premiere Sprint Cup Series before this season. "The health and maintenance of the tracks is essential to the health of the entire industry," NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said, "Like in all facets of our business, we have made financial adjustments to ensure the long term strength of the sport."

Above story from Jayski.

A new car for 2011 & teams get rewarded with NASCAR cutting the purses.( and I fully understand why )

It wouldn't surprise me to see a few NW teams just leave the NW series and give cup a try instead.

20% cutback is huge for a series that has mediocre purses to begin with. The BIG teams will only dominate more now. I remember not long ago the ads campaign for the NW(busch) series with the slogan " I don't know " , in reference to what driver/team would win the following race.

Now the slogan for 2011 will be " I know who "

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"NASCAR will cut the purses for the Nationwide Series by 20% next season, a move designed to make hosting the second-tier series a more profitable proposition for race tracks."

If NASCAR wanted to help the track owners they would cut the sanctioning fees 20%. But since they own the majority of the tracks they just increased their margins, which in turn, will be spun as"growth" in ISC's annual report next year.

Unmitigated Bullshit.
agreed. Capitalist Tyrants at their finest.
It's NOT the capitolism thats the problem-It's the illegal Monopoly that's the problem,IMO
Cutting the purse benefits ISC, Bruton Smith and NASCAR. Cutting sanctioning fees only benefits Bruton Smith.
43rd place in the Bristol Cup race paid 85K

The winning position in the Nationwide race paid 53K

How exactly a team without cup affiliation is supposed to have the money to compete in NW anymore is a mystery to me. Keeping out the Cup teams and drivers would seem the only cure for the situation, even if that means less attendance for the tracks.

Otherwise it's just "Cup Lite" for Cup teams with cash to spare and no need to make a profit, rather than being the proving ground for new drivers and truly legitimate teams that it once was.
I agree mostly, my rule for Cup drivers would be if your 20th or better No entry allowed in N/W or Truck.
This could be the last hooray for Montreal. NASCAR wants a $1 million handout;

Edit: try this one

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service