Discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Nationwide road race from Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal as Robby Gordon Motorsports welcomes back MAPEI as primary sponsor of the #77 SPEED Energy Dodge. Here is the weekend schedule:

FRIDAY , AUGUST 19th

Practice 1          8:30AM - 10:00AM (EST)  ( TV - ?? ) 

Practice 2         10:30AM - 12:00PM (EST)   ( TV - ?? )

Qualifying           5:00PM (EST)   ( TV - ?? )

SATURDAY , AUGUST 20th

Countdown 2:00PM (EST) Usually highlights from practice & qualifying ( TV - ESPN )

Race            2:30PM (EST) ( TV - ESPN )

As always, live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Views: 15425

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I sure hope they liked it that was one nice looking hotrod. You just gotta' love that Challanger front end!!
Robby and the folks at speed need to come up with a 4th flavor to put that great blue color on, maybe something called "Cool Runnings"....and yes I know I ripped that off!
It was a great race to watch. Robby had an awesome car. If he could have gotten around the 12 and gotten a caution, there's no doubt he would have won today. At the end of the day, it was a fun race and I enjoyed it. Would love to see more races where Robby is mentioned like that.
a poor finish isn't so bad when you run up front all day. not what you want but at least he was a contender. race on
I agree with that , to see a competetive run makes up for all of our disappointment with the end result. Great race! Oh yeah one more thing dutch and wheaton .................................u
Robert, you don't strike me a a hater, but I Love u too!!!!
That was the best race by far this year. I haven't been that emotional during final laps in a long time. Hopefully Montreal will be on the schedule again next year. The track is beautiful and the fans looked like they were having a good time. Party on!!
One more thing...............................u? Does that mean what I think it means? Just come right out and say it
"I love u" is that so hard, I mean it takes a little nerve and perhaps some practice but I say it to total strangers all the time. Like.........You waited till all those groceries were totaled up before you started digging through that F#*Kn' backpack of a purse to try and find your credit card....................bitch? Holyshit I love u. Or any one of lifes many social marriages you may find yourself thrust into.
As per the race nothing beats having your face cramp from smiling so long and then end up wanting to punch a tree. I'd rather punch a clock than punch a tree ....... no wait I would rather punch a tree than........i'll have to think about that for a bit. Anyway it's almost Monday and time to get back to punchin that tree........or clock? Or both.
GAS ON ROB and the TEAM. There's plenty of great times ahead but it takes a lot longer to get there if you drag the bad times with you along the way. Something about carrying one's own stone I believe.
Mike
Fun Day - first time I've sat and watched a race live (vs. recorded and fast fwd through) in about 2 years.

The end was frustrating - but, what a weekend....RG got some good commentary and good coverage. He also got criticized for crew chiefing int he car....but, hey - when you own the team....you get to do what you want.

A couple of things I noticed:

- Pit Stops were very slow comparatively - not sure what the story is there
- RG passed "a bunch" of cars on the track and didn't get much coverage for it
- Who the hell is MaryEve and why can't she spin a car in place? Pulling across the track on a blind corner was really lame
- I'm DYING to know about the differences between the Cup and NW car - RG's crew seems to have the NW figured out.....what's so different about the Cup car?
- Course was GORGEOUS - so much more fun to watch green trees and water the background vs. a hairy fat guy in a #3 shirt

As a point of curiosity - Nascar going to Fuel Injection this coming year (way to keep up with the times boys) - I wonder how that will affect the Penske motors and RG motors.

One would assume much more control vs. the carb set up.....but - is it direct injection or a fuel rail set up. One would hope it's at least DI - took them long enough to get with the program.

All in all - was probably a successful Speed weekend - there sure are a lot of energy drink sponsors out there. How is Speed standing out from the crowd?
Port fuel, all of the manufacturers V8's are currently PFI....
the fuel induction subject was cover'd here
http://www.planetrobby.com/forum/topics/nacar-teams-to-test-fuel?id...
The pit stops are deceiving,In N/W teams are limited to 5 sets of tires for the weekend.So some teams pit for fuel and adjustments but no tires (quicker stop) or fuel only. It doesn't help when the car is running out of fuel coming to pit road.
This chassis was previously ran at Sears as a Cup car.In Cup they use bump stops on the front shocks.Bump stops are not legal in N/W,they coil bind the front springs (a whole different science)
As far a Maryeve,it sucks when the car doesn't work,makes for a long day as driver.lot's of drivers can't snap spin a car,sometimes it's not so easy.
It sucks the way the race ended. Even if Robby passed Tagliani I don't think he had enough to get around Ambrose, but Robby deserved a much better finish.

I'd hate to see this track not host nascar anymore, and obviously the Canadian fans love it so it would be a big loss for nascar. Hell I want them to return to Mexico too!

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service