Discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Nationwide road race from Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal as Robby Gordon Motorsports welcomes back MAPEI as primary sponsor of the #77 SPEED Energy Dodge. Here is the weekend schedule:

FRIDAY , AUGUST 19th

Practice 1          8:30AM - 10:00AM (EST)  ( TV - ?? ) 

Practice 2         10:30AM - 12:00PM (EST)   ( TV - ?? )

Qualifying           5:00PM (EST)   ( TV - ?? )

SATURDAY , AUGUST 20th

Countdown 2:00PM (EST) Usually highlights from practice & qualifying ( TV - ESPN )

Race            2:30PM (EST) ( TV - ESPN )

As always, live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Views: 15425

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe it is Victory Lane blue.
The most telling thing so far this weekend for me, and Mr Gordon beat me to the punch and stole my thunder with his comments in the practice video clip, is that RGM can build a brand new never attempted before Nationwide car and have it be as fast as the Giibs, ROush, Harivck, bigger budget teams...

but our Cup sturggles are well documented. I think that really just underscores how much $$ and engineering goes in to make those sleds go fast on the cup side. When you struggle like we have you start t think are we losing it?? but it really is the cars and obviously RGM needs to improve on the cup side with those. And I know its not for lack of ffort, the guys at the shop are working their arses off for sure...it's just,to me, scary that it really is that hard and difficult and expensive to make those cars go fast in CUP. Isn;t that the antithesis of the COT? lol We made better old style cars in cup for sure.
The problem sure is money, RGM and NEMCO are best in class in Cup. Owner/Driver, self sponsored, single car team. Put any of the "superstars" in that situation and they will do a lot worst. Put on top of that, NASCAR will promote a pretty face over these heroes that the sport was built on.
Money keeps them from having the ability to go all out and forces a "just good enough" strategy. Rules are forcing teams to focus their race for 35th place instead of anything better. Let's go with old style rules with the old style cars.
OK, I'm done vented for now.
Here's Saturdays checklist:
1) Try and find out if there is radio coverage for the race. Local schedule has a Braves /Reds baseball game on the schedule at 3pm. And trust me there is at least two fans in all of the receiving area that must hear baseball on the radio on Saturday afternoon.
2) Cut some apple wood for smoking the ribs. If you want to know a trick to making great ribs parboil them the night before in a marinade. Vinegar/water 40/60, a big Minced onion, 6 smashed garlic cloves, tea spoon celery seed, table spoon bells seasoning, two table spoons of black pepper, whopping burp of "bulls eye" BBQ sauce (you won't find corn syrup on that label) and teaspoon of this McCormick pork dry rub that costs too much to begin with. 15 min. hard boil. Let it set till cool enough to fridge it. Smoke it before you grill, Meat will take only so much smoke then cook it. too much involved to write it here.
3) Relax and get all the tinfoil hat paranoid NAZICAR hates us what can go wrong,,,,what will go wrong I'm stumbling over the bricks madness out of my head. This will be a great race and if my neighbor decides to power wash his driveway I have my axe or ax ready to cut the friggen hose off.
Holy F&*KKKKKKKK i hear the power washer now I knew it I knew i swear it's NO LIE
OFR, is that you? (inside joke for the 'old-timers')
maybe I shouldn't have thrown that reminder out there last week.
Rib's sound good!
Michaels recipes are much better, and more entertaining, than OFR ever hoped to be.

We did lobsters for dinner tonight, but I might be doing ribs tomorrow...
Haha, we have got to.hang out sometime. I'm still amazed how you cozntinue to cone up with this stuff on a daily basis, and I sure hope your neighbors has the decency to be freeking quiet for a few hours
Flashback to 2007 when the Car of Tomorrow made its dubut at Bristol with the adjustable rear wing and front splitter along with a more defined body, chassis inspection process, and the premise that teams will not need to build track-specific cars and will therefore enable teams to be more cost-efficient.

• By using a more refined body and chassis measurement process, the need for track-specific car configurations is reduced.

• By providing the race teams a "blueprint" to build chassis and bodies, teams should be able to reduce the amount of time necessary to fabricate cars.

NASCAR's supposed intent was that a team could race at the Glen one weekend and take the same car to Michigan the next. Yeah right. In theory and on paper maybe, but not in the real world. It only took one test before Roush, Hendrick, et. al. to have their engineers in motion designing track specific 'tweaks' to the chassis and aero for individual tracks. Example: the "crab" rear-steer that Penske debuted at Charlotte in 2008.

The point is it only takes one team with the resources ($$) to successfully exploit a grey area that forces everyone else to pour money into the same hole to stay competitive. Obviously, small teams don't have the money, thus left behind. That's racing.
Agreed...just seemed easier for RGM to build a competitive car verses the big boys with the old style ones...these COTs..the advantages discovered/learned seem so minute but take so much $$$ to develop/find that it makes the gap between the haves and have nots that much more glaring and wide.

Go figure...sports imitating real life...lol
Yeah until NASCAR comes up with the new car and the COT is trash.
They will call it the COW, car of Walmart
Yeah, all of the parts will come from China.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service